News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

JEULOUS OF HO

Started by jwoj69, March 14, 2009, 01:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoj69

EVERY NOW AND THEN  I'M BROWSING INTO HO SCALE ENGINES. I'M JUST SPEECHLESS WHEN I SEE SUCH DIVERSITY IN STEAM ( WITH SMOKE), SWITCHERS. I KNOW HO IS MORE POPULAR, I SCHOULD SAY MOST POPULAR SCALE, BUT DON'T WE DESERVE AT LEAST HALF OF HO SCALE OFFERINGS?

James in FL

Quote...BUT DON'T WE DESERVE ...

"We" deserve nothing.

Most of us, modeling in N scale, are thankful for the offerings that manufacturers produce.

It's a "privilege" to enjoy a hobby, not a "right".

Why be an ingrate about it?

TCWORLD

Quote from: James in FL on March 14, 2009, 09:03:02 AM

"We" deserve nothing.

Most of us, modeling in N scale, are thankful for the offerings that manufacturers produce.

It's a "privilege" to enjoy a hobby, not a "right".

Why be an ingrate about it?

I agree, we should be thankful that the manufacturers have actually managed to create what they have. Im always amazed when i see how much more detail each new loco has compared to the prior ones. Its easier to make a much more diverse selection for the larger scales than it is for the smaller ones because of the size limits and the increase in cost of parts like motors as the size decreases (same problem B'mann are having with the #-10-#'s).
There is a large selection which is slowly getting larger, but it takes longer due to the complexity of small size. You have to be patient and wait for them to develope more.

(p.s. could you check the Caps Lock setting, as its a paint to read sentences where all the letters are capitalised, thanks  ;))
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

jwoj69

I'm being greatfull of having privilage like N scale engines. I love new spectrum steam line, and even new spectrum diesel engines. We are paying premium on most engines comparing to HO, and manufacturing has been change in past 15  years greatly too. You can make affordable diversified product, maybe we should start asking? Maybe people at bachmann just need to know that we are waiting for more? Look kato micro ace tomix product line, bachmann has the know how now how to make good quality engines, all they need to do is expand their offerings? Would You like to see that?
jack

TCWORLD

Oh i agree totally, it would be nice to see the selection of locos expand.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

johnTom

Quote from: TCWORLD on March 16, 2009, 12:06:10 PM
Oh i agree totally, it would be nice to see the selection of locos expand.

Yes , I agree with you also about expanding the selection. If Fleischmann (Kato possibly),other manufacturers and some Bachmann have smoke units in their ho-scale line, I would like to see it expanded to their N-SCALE line hopefully their nonspectrum and the spectrum line of steam locomotives or even produce a kit that we could put in ourselves, knowing that some people (model railroaders) are that mechanically inclined .

Tom S.
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

jwoj69

FYI SMOKE UNITS.
I ACTUALLY GOT 3 STEAM LOCOS CONVERTED. SEEING OLD ARNOLD PRICE OF ENGINES WITH SMOKE UNITS ( I HEARD IT WAS A BAD DESIGN AND THE REASON FOR STOPPING PRODUCTION) I GOT A SMOKE UNITS FROM MODEL POWER. I FOUND BACHMANN 4-8-4 AND J 4-8-4 TO BE EASIEST TO CONVERT. HO UNITS FROM MODEL POWER ARE SMALL BUT RELATIVELY TOLL WHEN USED IN N SCALE. ON 4-8-4 SMOKE STOCK WILL BE LITTLE HIGHER, ON J 4-8-4 ALMOST UNVISIBLE. MY OLDEST ENGINE RUNS PERFECT FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS NOW. WITHING COUPLE MINUTES YOU WILL FILL ROOM WITH SMOKE!!! HO VOLTAGE IS THE SAME AS N SCALE YOU DO NOT NEED ANY ELECTRONIC CONVERSION, I GUES MY NEXT STEP IS DCC SMOKE!!!
JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND FOR ABOUT 20 BUGS NOT $300! YOU CAN HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS HO AND OTHER SCALES. I WAS ALWAYS WONDER, IF I CAN DO IT WHY NOT BACHMANN OR WALTHERS AR EVEN KATO WOULD NOT??? WHAT ABOUT IT MR BACH MAN?

Ron McF

Errr... Reminder about the Caps Lock key.

Using upper case makes it look like you're angry and/or SHOUTING!  Few of us respond well to being shouted out.  You will usually get a better response from people if you don't come across as being aggressive.

Regards,
Ron

jwoj69

Quote from: Ron McF on March 23, 2009, 06:32:45 AM
Errr... Reminder about the Caps Lock key.

Using upper case makes it look like you're angry and/or SHOUTING!  Few of us respond well to being shouted out.  You will usually get a better response from people if you don't come across as being aggressive.

Regards,
Ron
I apologize. I mean no disrespect. It's my old bad habit, before become net rule. As You can see, i'm trying to brake my old ways. I hope everyone can forgive old man,
jack