News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

for all of u who have been to st.louis...

Started by HOplasserem80c, February 04, 2007, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOplasserem80c

sory for posting so soon again but i had a great idea  ;D what is bachmann made a HO scale metrolink! it would be the first of its kind.i think it would be cool so what do u guys think how about it bachmann

Seasaltchap

Why not the new Phoenix 'Light Rail" - down the main drags of the valley cities.

Should be easy to reproduce the "jelly mould" design from the "Bauhaus School" of 1930's Germany!

I think they lost the opportunity of making a tourist attraction of it, unless they also import a few collector's items to run special sections downtown.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

HOplasserem80c

well i think it would be a great idea and u r right they could makes speacial places to go with it likt stations and that old bridge it crosses over the the mississippi river

SteamGene

This is not a chat room.  Could we try Standard English?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Terry Toenges

A model of the Eads Bridge, the Arch, and the Old Courthouse would be neat.
Not saying that I would buy them, but they would be neat.
Feel like a Mogul.

Seasaltchap

Gene: I too would prefer Standard English.

However on the Horby Message Board it is specific in the Rules that nobody will be pulled-up for their spelling. I think there is good reasoning in that thinking.

Can we please ask that the TM lingo does not get out of hand.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Hoople

Quote from: SteamGene on February 04, 2007, 08:14:58 PM
Dass ist gut.  Danke.  Ich will mit du nicht sprechen.
Gene

Lemme guess (Sorry, had to do it! ;D), that's a foriegn language.

Standard English sounds good.

BTW, Not everyone was a engish teacher.
OTOH, Not everyone is a good speller.
OTOOH, Not everyone has a whole lot of experience spelling. Like me! ;D
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

FFJOHNL312

Sehr gut, Herr Hoople. Es ist Deutsch.

And remember, as Tom Lehrer once said about them in a song ('The MLF Lullaby'), 'We taught them a lesson in 1918, and they've hardly bothered us since then....' ;D
DGLE? We don't need no stinkin' DGLE!

SteamGene

Hoople,
'Tis not the bad spelling that bothers me.  In that, thou art mistaken, aye thou missst thy mark right fair.  Nay, 'tis the varlatry IM/TM English that bothers me for two reasons.  First, yon users, who should be practicing this blessed tongue, do so not, to their peril.  Secondly, they take this skreed to their studies anon and their master striketh them with foul grades. Thy study of model railroading shouldst teach thee that mastery comes from practice and attention to detail, not in slovenly performance. 
BTW, I'm a poor speller - or used to be.  ;)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

HOplasserem80c

steamgene

did you know that model railroading is a fun thing to do.it is not a art.except to you because you paint some of your locomotives pretty pink  ;D other than that it is somthing we all injoy so don't ruin the fun with dis wisa speakin anda youra wisa crackins pleasa

Hoople

Quote from: SteamGene on February 06, 2007, 01:14:28 PM
Hoople,
'Tis not the bad spelling that bothers me.  In that, thou art mistaken, aye thou missst thy mark right fair.  Nay, 'tis the varlatry IM/TM English that bothers me for two reasons.  First, yon users, who should be practicing this blessed tongue, do so not, to their peril.  Secondly, they take this skreed to their studies anon and their master striketh them with foul grades. Thy study of model railroading shouldst teach thee that mastery comes from practice and attention to detail, not in slovenly performance. 
BTW, I'm a poor speller - or used to be.  ;)
Gene

Man your good...
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

sour rails

Why do we have to stop at St Louis, why not expand elsewhere too?  Models of the Coit Tower in SF, Cal. would also be nice. ;)  How about some historic places like the Statue of Liberty or maybe even the Brooklyn Bridge converted to rail usage instead.

:) :) Sam :) :)
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Hamish K

This thread does seem to have wandered off topic! Given the proliferation of light rail systems in North America (and elsewhere) in the last couple of decades a model of a modern light rail car could be a good idea. As for which prototype - Bachmann would probably want a fairly generic design, one that could reasonably represent light rail running in quite a few different (USA and Canadian) cities. I don't know what that might be, some light rail enthusiast on this board might know the most common type of modern North American light rail car.

Hamish

Atlantic Central

On topic -

How about Baltimore's light rail?

Off topic -

I have to agree with Gene, no one expects perfect spelling or grammer.

But,

"r" does not = "are", "u" does not equal "you"

Seasaltchap, this is not the Hornby board, thank goodness. We should not assume their rules are best for us because, well, I think you know my view on that.

Gene,

I know I am a pessimist (or maybe just a realist) on this point, but think it may be to late to save the IM/TM crowd from themselves and the undoing of the culture. But thank you for your constant efforts to educate them anyway. Also, I find your skill with this language most enjoyable.

But what do I know, I'm just a hick with a pickup and......

Sheldon

Davy

One particular St. Louis visit I remember was 35+ years ago.  I took a steamboat ride upriver, and noticed a standard gauge RR track that sloped down the concrete bank, into the river.  Over the years I asked a bunch of railroad enthusiasts what this track was used for, but got only guesses.  Anyone here know what the specific purpose was?