News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Releases Tread

Started by Rickenbacker 325, March 14, 2009, 06:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DealAjani

A good "kipper" train would seem to have about 5-6 mixed vans.
That being said, can Henry pull that much? (I don't know his pulling power.)
Love the new van, and also like the NWR detail. A bit of weathering and we have a very nice model. :)

:-X After doing some research, I have come to the realization that only these types of vans are suitable for the kipper train.

James The Red Engine

My Henry can pull atleast over 30 trucks.  That being said, only on level track. :-\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: DealAjani on March 23, 2009, 11:18:19 AM
A good "kipper" train would seem to have about 5-6 mixed vans.
That being said, can Henry pull that much? (I don't know his pulling power.)
Love the new van, and also like the NWR detail. A bit of weathering and we have a very nice model. :)

:-X After doing some research, I have come to the realization that only these types of vans are suitable for the kipper train.
No they're not. Only Fish Vans are, which are a specially made wagon type for express freight.

DealAjani

So could these vans be used as fish vans? Doen't seem likely to me that the Bachmann will make "fish vans" specially for that that purpose. Might be worthwhile to check Bachmann Branchline to see if they have "fish" vans.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Sparks on March 23, 2009, 12:19:17 AM
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 22, 2009, 11:40:15 PM
:D :D :D
QuoteTwo? Whats wrong with you? I'll probably get three or four.
Three or four? What's wrong with you? I'm going to eventually get at least twenty.
Ok thats too many.

That's killing the joke dude. :P  I'm getting a few only because I am trying to save money, but yeah I would like to get more than two.  Speaking of which, I still need to get two more mail vans like I wanted to...

derricknscaler

the ho scale vent van looks a lot like my n scale van except it black grayish
mines light brown and i cant find good weels to replace one i lost :-\.

Quote from: James The Red Engine on March 22, 2009, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 22, 2009, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Sparks on March 22, 2009, 12:52:29 AM
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 22, 2009, 12:19:30 AM
URL please? I can't seem to find it on the site. Could there be a Flying Kipper Set coming?
I still doubt a Kipper set. Not enough mixed rolling stock vans for the Kipper train (TV wise).

Vent Van:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

You sound like you want to marry the piece of plastic. :P

SmokeyNSteamer

Though I am not THOROUGHLY familiar with UK goods wagons (seeing as how I am from the states), I assume that usually fish vans are insulated, NOT ventilated.  Same goes with fruit vans.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rickenbacker 325

to me it just looks like a UK type box car. ???