News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Suwannee and San Pedro

Started by Bubba, March 16, 2009, 06:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Can anyone tell me about this North Florida line or direct me to resources?

pdlethbridge

Bubba

Thank you, I found these also. I am just beginning to learn about railroads, and this one in particular. I am looking for more forums populated by Florida shortline enthusiasts.

BillD53A

Don Hensley is probably your best bet.  You might also try making contact with Seth Bramson.  Google "Florida State Archives" and you will find their photo collection...try entering different terms in the search feature.  Their isnt much interest out there.

Bubba

I have already searched the Florida Archives extensively. I have contacted Don Hensley and Russell Tedder, but they have not yet responded to my call or emails.

Who is Seth Bramson and how can I contact him?

Are there other train forums that I might try? I want to spend the summer writing about the S & SP, so I am researching it now.

BillD53A

Seth is a university professor, noted FEC historian and author of several books.  A google search of his name will turn him up;  he is also a member of the Florida East Coast group at Yahoo.com.
Yahoo has a number of groups that you might find interesting.
I'm afraid you wont find too much...your search is like my own search for info on southwest Florida.

Bubba

I am deleting this account and registering as another user.