News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yampa Bob's posts

Started by Terry Toenges, March 17, 2009, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Bob -
In reading your many posts on this board (The last being Freight Car Truck Guide) I can only say -
"You're just so danged organized, that I don't know how you do it."
I mean that in a good way. :)
There just never seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done that I should get done, much less be organized about it, too.
My hat's off to you for the wealth of information you have provided on here.
Feel like a Mogul.

Yampa Bob

Dear Terry,

I humbly thank you for the kind words, I admit they brought tears to my eyes. At the moment I'm speechless.

All I can say is, I love this forum, as much if not more, than running my trains. I've always had an insatiable thirst for knowledge, the more I learn about model railroading the more I want to learn. Sharing makes it all the better.

Thanks again, you are all a swell bunch of modelers.
Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

I ditto Terry's thoughts Bob. Considering your handicap, You've done great! There have been some bumps in the road but you have weathered them well. Keep up the good work.

CNE Runner

I had to sit back and think awhile about this thread. What is it about Yampa Bob that is so appealing? As a retired psychologist I should be able to put several terms on his behavior; but I guess I'll have to settle for fellowship. Bob, you always seem to find the time to answer anyone's questions - no matter how mundane. Your answers are always to the point and delivered with a healthy dose of sincerity. I always read a post that includes Yampa Bob's name (you would be amazed how much I have learned by keeping my mouth closed and my fingers still).

For my own small part, I have tried to emulate Bob's manner. Yes, there are times when a poster can upset the best of us (in my business it is called Racket Behavior). But the underlying purpose of our hobby is to keep it growing. The only way to accomplish that is to welcome new folks and share our collective wisdom with all who ask. Bob: you are truly one of the treasures on this forum...and we are all lucky to have you.

Best regards,
Ray O'Donnell
Runner: Newburgh, Dutchess & Connecticut Railroad
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

BestSnowman

I agree, I haven't been around long but I always like reading your posts!
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

az2rail

Just think Bob. Two weeks ago, you were getting slammed, now your getting praised. Go figure.

Anyway, how can you not like a guy who has a valley and a railroad named after him.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Frisco

Yes, thank you. You've been a great help many times.

Santa Fe buff

Yampa Bob has always been a good man. He's given me advice on everything from life-long knowledge to simple instructions.

I'd love to say this,

Thank you, Bob.

Good luck on your layout, and thanks for all the help, or should I say the help I will possibly be getting. I'm getting a DCC system soon, so we'll see... ;)

Sincerely,
     Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

WGL

Thanks, Bob, for all of the help your posts have given me during my short membership in this forum & for the help & enjoyment you have given me by e-mails.

My best regards,
Bill

boomertom

Bob,

I applaud your willingness to share  knowledge with the rest of us. In fact, I don't think I am far off in suspecting if a question comes up that you don't have a ready answer for that you search it out to supply an answer.

Occasionally, you get somewhat technical when it comes to the electrical side of things, but you are always willing to simplify your explanations for the electrically challenged among us.

Most of all, you accept good natured teasing in the spurt it was intended.

Bob, I am proud to call your my friend.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

Your kind comments are indeed heart warming. Hey, I am just one member of the team, it takes all of us working together.

I'm what you might call a "nuts and bolts" modeler, fascinated with the mechanics (call it "dynamics" if you will) of model trains.

I enjoy working the late night shift, that's when the best westerns are on TV. It seems I'm not the only night owl. I think of this board as "The forum that never sleeps".   8)

Ray.
It's impossible to "analyze" a cowboy.
http://christianhomesite.com/funnies/Cowboy.htm

OkieRick

When I first signed on this forum and explained that it had been a long time since I'd done anything with HO gauge and that I was disabled but still seeking information re: adding sound to a DCC equipped steam locomotive I was welcomed to the forum by most everyone.  It was Yampa Bob who replied first with a message filled with information.  I learned I wasn't the only disabled person here - that there was someone recovering from a stroke, another with not so good eyesight and others.

The next day in my email there was a message from Bob - a personal welcome and was told not to hesitate in asking him Q:'s via email.  Together we got the sound added to the locomotive and I learned a lot about more than DCC sound.  There was a period here when some folks were right down testy & full of hot air.  The gentle old bear had thoughts of leaving here but held on to weather the storm.

Thanks for putting up with my badgering questions Bob.  Your assistance is always appreciated.

Okie Rick
-
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

grumpy

Bob
Are you retiring ? I have only seen that many accolades when I went to a retirement party.
Don- Paul say something.

pdlethbridge

Yampa Bob

Don,
Yeah, I'm sitting here laughing (at Paul) and thinking: "Ok, where's my gold watch?" 

Am I going somewhere?  :D

When I bookmarked this thread in my favorites folder, I renamed it "Bob's Retirement Party".  On days when I'm a bit gloomy, I shall recall it to cheer me up. Thanks for putting a smile on an old man's face.  8)