News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yampa Bob's posts

Started by Terry Toenges, March 17, 2009, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieRick

You fellers are going to learn the hard way that Bob hasn't ever stopped carrying his belly gun.  He gets testy around suppa time... 

Okie Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Yampa Bob

On the way back from Denver tonight there was heavy snow in the pass. For awhile I thought I might have to go hunting in the forest for our supper.  :D

We waited for the snow plow then followed it through. We enjoy the trip but always nice to get back home.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

Watch it Rick! I'll break your stick ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

El Loco

Bob it was nice to hear from you, Those pictures are great I always liked the contrast with the black and white photo's.
Your trip to the mile high city sounds like you may have needed the irons with all the snow.

;) Misbehave & Happy trails hand

Yampa Bob

Thanks.
So far I have bashed a 76' coach into a 55' version of this one. I just need to add the top vents.  I have some side frames that will work fine.

http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00073806%2BMCC-3806

My next challenge is to bash a 55' version of the baggage/rpo and my Yampa Valley Mail train is ready to roll. (I keep the maximum at 55' for my 18" track) I don't have a "bashable" yet, but still looking. Any suggestions?  ???

http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00011030%2BOP-11030

My plan is to paint them to match my FT A/B Rio Grande.

Hey Terry, hope you don't mind my "pirating" this thread. (you wrote the title) :D

OkieRick

Quote from: pdlethbridge on March 24, 2009, 03:40:48 AM
Watch it Rick! I'll break your stick ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey pd - you'll have to wrangle with my "attack Bassett Hound" Daisy first.  If you're successful I'll not write again...till I get a new stick.

Ain't it about your nap time?   ;)
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

pdlethbridge

Grrrrr. Just woke up from my nap, Someone kept pocking me with a stick!  I'm ready to go, albeit slow ::)

Yampa Bob

"Poke, poke, poke...see I told you he's awake".  :D

pdlethbridge

What side of the coffin did you roll out of this morning? ;D

Yampa Bob

You're too much....of what I haven't figured out yet.  >:( :D

pdlethbridge

Bob, you still like the Denver public library site. It has some great pictures, doesn't it?

Yampa Bob

The Denver Public Library is indeed a great site. We would like to visit the library, but never seem to have the time when in Denver.

They changed the online format recently, a bit harder to find stuff but I still get some great pictures from the site.

pdlethbridge

The Otto Perry collection of train pictures is about 15000 strong.

Terry Toenges

Bob - You're right about the title, so post away. 8)
Feel like a Mogul.

BradKT

Yampa Bob, you have always been a great help to me.  You have saved me a lot of time and trouble.  You know how to suggest something simple as an answer without making me feel like a dummy or making yourself seem like you are a know-it-all...and your answers have always been right on the money.  That's a special talent.

You have always been there for me and I thank you for it.  Keep up the good work.