News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2 Truck Shay drive gears

Started by nohandles, April 22, 2009, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nohandles

I have 2- 2 truck Shay's that 7 out of the 8 drive gears have deteriorated.  they are over 7 years old. I do not want to send them back because they are extensively weathered. Can I just buy new drive gears for them and replace them myself? Plus I've just lost my job and I don not have the money for the replacement die cast truck assemblies.

the Bach-man

Dear No,
Give the service department a call.
If you're the original owner you'll be very pleased with your options.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

bobd_69

I got my Shay when they first came out. I did all the Lub work and ran it for about an hour. It got put back in the box and do to other problems it sat it just a few days ago. When I sat it on the track I hear the motor run but it wont move. When I contacted Bachmann They said send it to them and they would fix it for $50.00. Might cost more for extra parts, plus I pay shipping both ways. I've heard of upgrade trucks but cant find any info on them anywhere.  My Shay is a 36 ton but I want to get a 38 and 55 for my line, if I ever get it running. Thanks BOB

armorsmith

bobd,

You can purchase replacement trucks for the Shay from Backmann on this site, or from any number of mail order houses on the net.

Bob

Loco Bill Canelos

Bob d Try TRainworld or St Aubins,  much cheaper
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

armorsmith

If we are naming names. try wholesaletrainsDOTcom

Bob c