Amtrak Genesis Paint Schemes

Started by fctthlw, September 08, 2008, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fctthlw

You folks put out a wonderful model of the Genesis locomotive in phase III and IV paint schemes.  Would you kindly consider offering it in the phase V paint scheme?  Here is a link that shows the various Amtrak pain schemes:

http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/paintschemes/paintschemes.html

Thank you for the consideration,
Lee Wood
Lee

the Bach-man

Dear Lee,
I'm a fan of that scheme too. I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

3rail

Dear Lee,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Regards,

3rail

DominicMazoch

Actually, I like the P-IV paint:  pinstripes were classy!   Just so long they don't paint one in the Ugcela scheme!

NSthoroughbred

I would buy a pair of Amtrak Genesis units in the current "Wave" paint scheme immediately upon their release from Williams/Bachmann.  I already own the other two paint schemes offered by Williams, anxiously awaiting the current paint used by Amtrak, dark blue wave scheme with silver "platinum mist," and new Amtrak logo.   

cfourrier

Absolutely!  I dropped my wife off at the train station the other day and noted the parents and kids on the train - a Phase V engine pulling it.  Wouldn't kids be interested in getting mdoels of the train that they "actually road on!?!"  Sounds like a sales pitch to me!

Clay

Frisco

I would love to see these. The phase 5 paint scheme is by far my favorite.

DominicMazoch

I prefer pinstrips.

But I do agree.   The model makers need to make stuff which you can:

1.  Ride on,  either Amtrak, commute, heavy rail, or LRT.
2.  What you see on the mainline.

Anyway, why not some modern LRT cars.  Siemens S-70 cars are used by Houston, San Diego, Charlette, and Portland OR transit systems.  LRT's would be great on our sharp O trackage in curves.

Maybe a WBB line for today's stuff.  Then you could have 3 distinct lines of products.