STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2020, 03:25:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  3 truck Shay with Sound -volume
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3 truck Shay with Sound -volume  (Read 1170 times)
charlietusa

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:59:59 PM »

Can someone tell me if the 3 truck Shay with sound has a volume control?  If it does, can you tell me where it is located?
Thanks for your help.
Nathan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

CV 128 is your Master Volume

The list is found under Product Reference : DCC Sound : Sound Decoder CV Defaults (PDF)
charlietusa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »

I guess I was looking to see if there is a manual control(a knob or screw that you turn).  You know, the old fashion way!
Tom Lapointe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »

Even with CV 128 "maxed out" don't expect a tremendous amount of volume; the Tsunami audio output level is only rated at 1 watt (vs. 2 watts for Phoenix Sound's older 2K2 board, or up to 6 watts  Cool for their P5).  I have one of the factory DCC-&-Sound equipped 3 truck Shays myself, & although it's volume is not what the Phoenix boards are capable of, I find the volume level acceptable.  (I live in a densely-populated neighborhood, so I try not to get too "over-enthusiastic" Wink with sound system volume levels.)  I have one of the Spectrum "Centennial" Moguls equipped with a Phoenix P5 board; if I crank the volume up, I can actually hear the exhaust echo  Shocked off the neighboring houses!  Cheesy  (Some of the times I've "cranked it up" has been at the request of the neighbors  Grin - the garden railroad's a "big hit" locally!).  Grin                                                                              Tom
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:57:37 PM by Tom Lapointe » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: