News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 truck Shay with Sound -volume

Started by charlietusa, March 18, 2009, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlietusa

Can someone tell me if the 3 truck Shay with sound has a volume control?  If it does, can you tell me where it is located?
Thanks for your help.

Nathan

CV 128 is your Master Volume

The list is found under Product Reference : DCC Sound : Sound Decoder CV Defaults (PDF)

charlietusa

I guess I was looking to see if there is a manual control(a knob or screw that you turn).  You know, the old fashion way!

Tom Lapointe

Even with CV 128 "maxed out" don't expect a tremendous amount of volume; the Tsunami audio output level is only rated at 1 watt (vs. 2 watts for Phoenix Sound's older 2K2 board, or up to 6 watts  8) for their P5).  I have one of the factory DCC-&-Sound equipped 3 truck Shays myself, & although it's volume is not what the Phoenix boards are capable of, I find the volume level acceptable.  (I live in a densely-populated neighborhood, so I try not to get too "over-enthusiastic" ;) with sound system volume levels.)  I have one of the Spectrum "Centennial" Moguls equipped with a Phoenix P5 board; if I crank the volume up, I can actually hear the exhaust echo  :o off the neighboring houses!  :D  (Some of the times I've "cranked it up" has been at the request of the neighbors  ;D - the garden railroad's a "big hit" locally!).  ;D                                                                              Tom