News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Question

Started by dsg778899, March 16, 2009, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsg778899

I have a question and hope that someone here can help me. I have the E-Z Command system. I like it a lot. Very easy to use. Wife even likes it. For my birthday she got me the E-Z Dynamis system. I do like this system  also. Don`t half to worry about wires. What I was wondering can these two systems be used together?
Hope someone can help me with this.

BestSnowman

My understanding is that you cannot use the two on the same track, you would be able to run them on seperate tracks simultaneously but they couldn't be electrically connected.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Daylight4449

I need a new dcc system. although i want the zephyr, would you recommend the ez command, is it good? it is cheaper.

OkieRick

Long and short, No. 

If you're looking for more control invest in another handset.

I got my Dynamis System off ebay last week.  I'm in the process of re-building an 4'x8' flat layout.  I bought the E-Z Command system to see how DCC works.  I was able to operate (with a little help)* my Proto Steam Loco, a Bachmann 2-10-2 Steam loco and a Bachmann 2-10-0 Russian Decapod Steam loco at one time.

* = I'm disabled, paralyed from the armpit area down - my keyboarding and operating train controls is done with a mouthstick - a 1/4" piece of dowel rod with a rubber end attached to it.

I had the E-Z Command disconnected and removed.

Enter the Dynamis - in a never ending search to find the easiest way to controll 4-6 locomotives with the end of a 1/4" dowel rod (my mouthstick) I researched the Dynamis system and found some things are easier - like picking out a particular loco on the track to control by using the joystick left or right movement.

No wires! 
With my controller velcroed to my tray I was able to elevate my power chair as to look down on my simple small oval inside a larger one and get a birds eye view.  I also moved from one end of the layout to the side without loss of control due to wireless signal drop.

It is different in getting started - Emergeny Stop Button first then start yor trains. 

You can program CVs but I'm a long way from being there.

Most of the information seems to be coming from the U.K. - here are a couple of FAQ and answer sites.

Contents:
- DynamisWireless Handset with backlit LCD screen
- Dynamis Command Station including wireless signal receiver
- Transformer
Features:

* Entry point for the Dynamis DCC system. Control trains and accessories via simple menus.
    * 9999 Digital locomotive addresses can be controlled.
    * Direct control of 25 accessory decoders each capable of controlling up to 4 points each.
    * Allows main track programming of decoder CV values.
    * Locomotive database for name or icon assigning.

http://www.dynamisdcc.co.uk/index.php?lang=en

http://www.dynamisdcc.co.uk/faqs.php?lang=en

http://www.dynamisdcc.co.uk/answers.php?lang=en

If you find out different let me know.
Okie
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

dsg778899

Thanks for ever ones help. I do have one more question. Does anyone know how easy it is to program the E-Z track switches with the Dynamis System?

the Bach-man

Dear DSG,
Very easy. Toggle to the address you want to assign to the switch, push down the set button on the switch, wait for the chatter, and you're done.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

OkieRick

Bach-man,

Do you have a pdf version of the user manual to the Dynamis System for d/l?  It would sure make things easier for some of us less able to pull it out of it's notebook and thumb through it.

Rick
-

OkieRick

Thanks for pointing it out richG.

Okie

mf5117

i think the bachmann dcc is great . i know someday i will have to graduate and upgrade my controller . but i am learning ho .and having alot of fun with it . i run 5 trains with my digital commander . my sd-40, ft-a,emd sd-40-2 ,70ton switcher , and my beloved 4-8-4 sante fa steamer . i tell ya they run so good ,around the layout bothways . in and out of switches and spurs . and then one of them out of the 5 not always the same one .but they get rebellious .and wipe out .i have yet to figure this out. and then i have to learn patients . but i love it .  and my gf as well has got involved with it . peace to all.  regards mark f