News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Question

Started by pjf, March 21, 2009, 12:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

I am trying to isolate or section off my layout. Is there an easy way to remove the connectors. I found it difficult and it gets destroyed when I have to pry it off with brute force. There has to be a better way. Thank you in advance.
Peter

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Rangerover

Quote from: pjf on March 21, 2009, 12:34:57 PM

I am trying to isolate or section off my layout. Is there an easy way to remove the connectors. I found it difficult and it gets destroyed when I have to pry it off with brute force. There has to be a better way. Thank you in advance.

Tough ain't they...a jack hammer comes to mind...kidding!

Carefully with force use a pair of heavy long nose pliers and twist and pull, side to side up and down, will get them off. Be careful you don't pull the rail out by trying to pull it straight out and off. You can replace with Atlas plastic rail joiners.

jestor

Why not simply cut a gap in the rail?

Yampa Bob

Question: Why are the stock rail joiners hard to remove from EZ Track?
Answer: The joiner is spot punched on the bottom, like a small dimple into the bottom of the rail.  First, cut off the overlapping "spikes" to match the other side. Using a tiny screwdriver, pry up the joiner edges a bit. Then wiggle joiner sideways with pliers, takes a fairly good pull.  Once you have the joiner off, you will see the dimple.

Regards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.