News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Blue Comet Passenger Car Side Color Blue

Started by granpab, March 22, 2009, 01:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granpab

I read in another post that paint colours are mixed in China from paint chips and there may not be a commercial equivalent in North America. 

I need to refinish part of a side of a Blue Comet Combine.  It was put away without my realizing that it had cola spilled on it. The cola, in time, acted  like  paint remover.

Does anyone know of a close colour match?  Alternatively, is there a combination of colors that any of you had success with?

Joe Satnik

Dear granpab,

The Bachmann might have record of the paint used on the pre-production model. 

Perhaps you could remove a door and take it to a paint store for a scan/color match.

I'm not sure what type of base/sheen you would use, and I suppose you would end up using only a small amount of the paint...

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the Bach-man

Dear Granpab,
If I remember correctly, I used Accuflex paints, but I've heard they're no longer produced.
Now when I need specific matching colors I go th a local auto parts store where they will scan the colors, mix them, and put them in a spray can if needed.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

granpab

Thanks for your responses.  I really like the idea of an auto paint store spray can.  I will check with the guys at some body shops to find a supplier. 

In the mean time, I have been playing with Polly S colours and have blended a perfect match -- when the paint is wet -- way too dark after it dries.  Having a machine match the original sounds much more promising.

Thanx Again