News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lack of instructions with DCC Ready Shay

Started by Whitty, March 23, 2009, 01:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitty

As a returnee to the Model Rail hobby in the UK I've just bought a DCC Ready 0n30 Shay at a very good,almost silly, price on e-bay from the Favourite Spot. It's a loco I've always admired for it's unique appearance and am pleased now to own such a model. However Bachmann apparently expect buyers to know everything about their purchase as they do not include any detailed instructions. I assume it is 12 volt but there's nothing to confirm this. In the box was an exploded diagram detailing all the bits but which ignores  the chip/circuit board visible in the bunker. Neither does it show where the plug point might be for adding a DCC decoder. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the Makers but can anybody provide me with this info please or tell me where I might get it?

gnfan

Yes the instructions are on the thin side as in none...
The model is 12 volt DC. The PC board in the bunker has an 8 pin DCC connector on it.
If you take the coal load off it's right there on top.
There should be some sort of plug(s) already there to make run on DC.
You take the plug(s) out insert the DCC decoder.

David

jestor

The EZ-Copmmand  section of this web site contains instructions for installing their 1AMP decoder. These instructions apply to any decoder with the 8-pin plug. Note: the 8-pin plug goes in with the wiring harness facing toward the front of the loco. This insures that the "orange" wire goes into position #1 on the socket. The Favorit Spot also sells the decoders.

Whitty

Thanks for both sets of helpful info.   Seems a lot simpler than I though it might be and your responses have proved to me the worth of this Message Board already.