News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command

Started by Hooked, March 24, 2009, 08:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooked

I have a new Bachmann EZ Command system, I have 2  Bachmann 2-8-0 engines with DCC on board.
I can't get the address to change from the default #3, Read the instructions over and over, looked at the forums, still won't work!!! Will take any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Jim Banner

Try the instructions on the included DVD.  They are slightly different but should work for you.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Santa Fe buff

Since both locomotives are both programed with the same CV (Control Variable, otherwise known as an 'address'.), then you need to take one off and keep the other one on. Turn on your E-Z Command, and address '3'. After that, hold down on '3' and press 'Stop'. Release them both about the same time. Notice, the LED under the 'Stop' button with blink rapidly. Now, choice your new address for the 2-8-0 by simply clicking on the new address. (If you want it to stay at '3', then don't bother with this then.) The locomotive should jerk a bit to signal it has recieved the new CV and has successfully been programed. Click 'Stop' again to completely finish programing. The LED should be blinking slowly after programing, and regularly just on when your done. If the new CV is different then the stock '3', then you don't (Or shouldn't) have to remove the locomotive to program your second 2-8-0. Repeat the process for this locomotive. You may have more than one locomotive per address for use of multi-headed power units. Remember to always remove the locomotive addressed as '3' before programing new locomotives; otherwise your program both at the same time- to the same CV. If by any chance your locomotive doesn't respond to your programing, click 'Stop' to end it, and move the locomotive to another location were your sure it's 'getting the message'. (i.e. Terminal track, close to terminal track, away from switches/turnouts or other locations.)  :)

Good luck, and if you experience further trouble, please do post.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

The corrected instructions can also be found here: (scroll down to "Assigning a locomotive to a new address:")

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ezcommand.php?ezpage=1

Please do not attempt to push or release the address button and the stop button at the same time.  Just follow the DVD as Jim suggested, or the instructions linked to above and you'll be ok.

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Ah, and it seems I can't grip it... I was close.  ;) Maybe next time.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Hey, that's ok Josh.  The important thing is that you're trying and learning so hang in there buddy.  8)

Santa Fe buff

As long as the string doesn't snap!

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Hooked

That is what I was doing (pressing both at the same time)
WORKS great now!!!!
Thanks for all the replies, Have a great day
Hooked

Yampa Bob

You have a great day also.  You will have lots of fun with your EZ Command, and the Spectrum 2-8-0s are great runners.

Regards.