News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Smoke

Started by rwiseha, March 26, 2009, 08:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwiseha

Does Bachmann or anyone make a smoke unit for engines?  As a kid I had an American Flyer that had one and it worked great.  Would love to add this to my on30 trains.
Rex ???

the Bach-man

Dear Rex,
We don't have smoke units available as add-ons, but your hobby shop should have several from which to choose.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rwiseha

Thanks for the info Bachmann.
Rex

az2rail

The one thing to be careful of, is make sure the/a smoke unit won't melt the plastic of your engine. The smaller the engine the more danger you have of this happening, as smoke units generate heat to prduce the smoke. This is why you usually only find them in larger scaled engines.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

rwiseha

Thanks Bruce.  I also need to find out if they work om DCC.
Rex :D

Stephen D. Richards

Amen to az2rail.  I have a 2-6-0 Bachmann with smoke and while running this engine I decided to run it with smoke.  I know, smoke makes dirty tracks, but it was fun anyway.  Well I didn't stop there, I run it on my DCC track (which I have done successfully before) and wasn't paying close attention to when the smoke unit emptied.  DCC keeps heating the unit and it did in fact melt the stack.  However on a good note, it looks like the locomotive hit something along the railway and bent it!   :D  Makes for some good detailing!  lol  Stephen