News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Porters - gone!

Started by foles1, March 31, 2009, 02:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foles1

Heard that the two porters, the 0-4-0, and 0-4-2, are being discontinued.  Too bad..the 0-4-2 is a good little loce.

Dusten Barefoot

Where did you hear this? Man and I loved those little buggers. ;D Sad that they are discontiuning them. Maybe a new set will come out of this. ''crosses fingers''
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

jpipkin

az2rail

They are not listed in the 2009 catalog, so it must be true. But they should still be available from dealers.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Hamish K

I think the Bachmann ON30 line needs small "teakettles" such as the Porters. Let us hope that either  they are brought back soon, or that they are replaced by other, equally charming, small tank locomotives. I have both 0-4-0 and 0-4-2 Porters and really like them.

Hamish

Linzthom

Mr Bachman, what is the reason here, if it is true? Please enlighten us ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

El Loco

That's too Bad... Although we have had the opportunity to buy these little Gems for a great price online for "pennies" $35 - $45  A pop.
That in it self was a steal compared to the suggested retail price.
Remember to support Mr.  Bachmann in sales! ;)

Tomcat

Sure-the Porters would be needed!!!

Keep in mind that the Bachman people may think about doing them DCC or DCC-ready...?
I´m sure that they will re-appear! ;)

A little bird has told me that the Bachmann people took a closer look at some smaller Hawaii Plantation RR engines such as the ones which are owned by Boone Morrison´s Plantation RR...? It has been told me that Bachmann´s crew has measured the Engines...

Maybe we will see something slightly a bit bigger - a 0-6-0....? But folks, I can´t give you more details since I don´t have more myself... ??? ??? ???

Cheers, Tom

OGReditor

I really like the Porters, and I really like the gas mechanicals--fortunately, I have a good number of each already.  But I would dearly LOVE to see some models of Hawaiian plantation locomotives because I lived there for 18 wonderful years.