Finished photos, and entry to a train show

Started by Michael J. Caboose, March 31, 2009, 12:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Caboose

Some of you may remember a few months ago that I was working on a little 2x4 module/static display of a steam locomotive service terminal. This past weekend was St. Petersburg, Florida H&R Trains 56th annual train show. Various displays of all scales from G to Z were included. Door prizes were awarded, raffles, ribbons to those with the best displays. It was quite an experience (And I was the only person above 15, and younger than 30 who entered, interesting lol. I'm 19). I took up a small space in the corner of a large tent, and watched as people kneeled down and said how much they like it, with the Big Boys and big steam, the scratchbuilt coaling tower, the little people working on some track work. While I didn't win first or second place for my "division", I did win an appreciation award for my first time entering.

I'll be entering next year with an expansion added onto my little world. Now, on to the pictures!

An overview

Now some black and white dramatic shots!

Yampa Bob

Great pictures Michael, thanks for sharing.

Do you have relatives in Texas?  If so, we could be related.  8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

kevin2083

I still can't get over how well that revell kit turned out for you. Great job and thanks for the pictures.

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Michael J. Caboose

Thank you for the nice comments guy  8) It was a labor of love.

lol perhaps Yampa, perhaps.... :o

Santa Fe buff

Wow, very impressive. I love it. I hope for and look forward to a stunning addition!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

BestSnowman

-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog