News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts lists that come with locomotives.

Started by klrwhizkid, March 28, 2009, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klrwhizkid

Why provide parts lists that identify each part if they are not available? Example: I wanted to purchase 8 of the oil tank hatch 00W01 for the Spectrum 4-6-0 tender as well as a list of other parts, but they as well as most individually listed parts for other locos are not available.

Yampa Bob

Hi
I don't feel the supplied parts list is for the purpose of ordering large quantities of  parts for scratch building or bashing projects. If a part is broken or defective, the part number is handy when contacting the service department.

Most of the time, a single needed part is available as a takeoff from a locomotive that has been returned defective, and was replaced rather than being repaired.

If you need various parts for scratch building, there are thousands of suitable parts available from Bowser, Cary, Tichy Group, Detail Associates, Precision Scale and other companies. I frequent Caboose Hobbies in Denver, they have several aisles devoted to any detail part you can think of.

http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/index_home.php?cPath=280_281_282

They list about 4400 detail products on their site, but their actual inventory is much greater. (the link above is for HO parts)

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.