Bachmann EZ Command versus MRC Prodigy. Which one may be better?

Started by jwoj69, April 01, 2009, 04:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoj69

EZ command and MRC Prodigy (old version, before they made Express, Advance and Wireless). I have the chance to buy both, i can purchase only one. MRC has strong points,  Walk around, it looks like has 3.5 amp power (that's what is says on the transformer). Ez Command looks like very easy to use. Which one would You buy?
I only need this to run n scale layout. Programing limited to address.
thanks jack

fieromike

Even the basic Prodigy will allow you to tweak CVs that you can use to fine tune your locos.  Setting starting voltage, top speed, lighting effects, etc. just aren't possible on the EZ Command.

jwoj69

Tweaking CV's i told the weakest point of Prodigy was a lock of this ability. Can You please explain.
jack

fieromike

I may be wrong about the basic Prodigy's capabilities, but being able to change CVs is something you REALLY want; maybe not this month, but you will wish you had the ability.  Save your pennies if you have to, but buy something better, one of the other Prodigys, a Zephyr, or NCE Powercab.

jwoj69

Quote from: fieromike on April 03, 2009, 10:56:19 PM
I may be wrong about the basic Prodigy's capabilities, but being able to change CVs is something you REALLY want; maybe not this month, but you will wish you had the ability.  Save your pennies if you have to, but buy something better, one of the other Prodigys, a Zephyr, or NCE Powercab.
I agre with You. I have access to prodigy express for programing. I just need cheap dcc to run about 4 engines on a n scale layout. That is why i'm looking into EZcommand and old Prodigy.
I sorry i should be more clear.
jack