News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I'd like to see bachmann produce these

Started by pdlethbridge, April 03, 2009, 11:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkyjay31

Quote from: Guilford Guy on April 05, 2009, 07:40:14 PM
The roundhouse cars are foobies. The B&M ones were mostly 68 foot cars, although there were a few 66 footers, but the Athearn Roundhouse ones are 50ft. Their is a company that was going to come out with them in resin, but I don't know what became of that, and there is a company based in Methuen Massachusetts, who is re-releasing the old Ambroid Cars with new Laser Cut parts, and upgraded details. They have already announced a new production of the old Ambroid B&M Snow Plow, and I believe the commuter coaches will be coming out in late 2009/2010. It sure would be nice to have a 2-6-0 to pull a few...
I had no idea.  Never mind my previous post then.  I have my set and I like them, no real matter to me that they are not 100% correct.  Sorry if I was steering anyone in the wrong direction.  I need to do more research!
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Michigan Railfan

The roundhouse cars are foobies. The B&M ones were mostly 68 foot cars, although there were a few 66 footers, but the Athearn Roundhouse ones are 50ft. Their is a company that was going to come out with them in resin, but I don't know what became of that, and there is a company based in Methuen Massachusetts, who is re-releasing the old Ambroid Cars with new Laser Cut parts, and upgraded details. They have already announced a new production of the old Ambroid B&M Snow Plow, and I believe the commuter coaches will be coming out in late 2009/2010. It sure would be nice to have a 2-6-0 to pull a few...

Its possible they made them 50ft maybe because a 66 or 68fter would'nt fit around a certain radius like 18" or something. It's not a big deal to me because I'm not really picky about correct length, depending on how much of a difference it is.

sparkyjay31

Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Guilford Guy

Quote from: adari on April 06, 2009, 05:20:05 PM
they should produce some diesel engines withe sound a PRR atlantic, T1 and other PRR locos and cars. I dont buy much from bachmann any more because some of the sizes of cars are off and details arent the best. I still recommend them for begginers but not for me
There are enough PRR locos on the market... BLI makes a T1, and AFAIK Bowser made a PRR Atlantic.
What cars are out of scale? They may not have as much detail but the current models seem to be pretty well proportioned.
Alex

Guilford Guy

Quote from: IndianaJones12 on April 06, 2009, 06:17:36 PM

Its possible they made them 50ft maybe because a 66 or 68fter would'nt fit around a certain radius like 18" or something. It's not a big deal to me because I'm not really picky about correct length, depending on how much of a difference it is.

Unlikely, the Athearn cars weren't modeled off the B&M ones, they just slapped the name on the car side.

If you can get your hands on Amrboid cars, they really are quite nice.
Alex

Pacific Northern

I know that I would certainly be purchasing a few of the Mogul engines if they were offered as Spectrum engines. 
Pacific Northern