Custom Engines/ for Coca Cola Freights and Passenger sets

Started by bobbie21921, April 06, 2009, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbie21921

IN K-Lines hey day they did a lot of licensed stuff including  Coca Cola.  However they were not the best when it came to their Locomotives.  I have a couple of sets which are now without motive power. I have one Passenger and Two Freight sets which their anemic 4-6-2 Pacific and their MP-15 Diesel Switcher cant pull the sets.  So I am in need of Replacement Engines.  Does anyone here have an idea or suggestion for new  Motive power for these sets.  I am Considering a Southern Pacific 4-8-4 Daylight for the Passenger Set and a Pair of Norfolk and Western Class 4-8-4 To pull both of the Freight sets. 

I hope that someone can help
Thanks
Bobbie
Bobbie Emerson

DominicMazoch

The MP15 in the sets is based on the NW-2 switcher Lionel made in the early MPC era with Coke markings.  Don't remember if it was in a set, or engine only.  E-bay?

bobbie21921

I wish to turn all of it to Steam.  With upgraded Steam Engines and do away with the Diesel Look.  I Run a very Large Christmas Display with a Total of 12 Consists. and I Run G-Gauge Standard Gauge, and O-Gauge. 
I am considering  a few of Williams best.
1. a Semi Scale Canadian Pacific 4-6-4 Hudson
2. a 4-8-4 J-Class Norfolk and Western
3. a 4-8-4 Southern Pacific Daylight to Pull Passenger Service

These seem to be the easiest to Modify with the Coca Cola Logo and some slight modification to the Paint most likely on the Tender. 

3R if you could I would like for you to weigh in on this Please Thank you.
Bobbie Emerson