Need help identifying this diesel locomotive please!

Started by EvilLost, April 12, 2009, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilLost

I have 2 diesel locomotives I am trying to sell but I can't seem to find out exactly what they are, any help would be appreciated!

The box is just "Williams Electric Trains" (No mention of Bachmann, makes me think it was pre-acquisition)
"Diesel Locomotive"
"3 Rail 'O' & 'O-27' Gauge"

The side where it would usually list the model name/number is just a blank white box. It says with handwritten pen "Penn. Shark - A".  The locomotive itself is all black with 1 gold stripe going horizontally across the center and "PENNSYLVANIA" written in the same gold color on it. The car # is 9632 (and I have another identical one with car #9633).

The box itself is grey, and in the bottom right there is a small diagonal red band that says "The Crown Edition Line".

I have tried a google/etc search but I can't seem to find the official name/model # for these 2 trains. Can anyone help!?

DominicMazoch

Pre-WBB did make a passenger sets with AA Baldwin Shars with 3 heavyweight passenger cars.  Are the pass. cars heavyeights?

EvilLost

I don't have any passenger cars, only the 2 diesel locomotives. I will try to upload some photos of them shortly

Joe Satnik

Dear EL,

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/2855404

I have catalogs form the 2003 to 2005 era that show a green 5 stripe Powered A - Dummy A set as SN-3002 MSRP $249.95
Photos show Brunswick (=dark) green.  B Units were also available as SN-3002B MSRP $99.95

Some catalogs had a 15% off sale. 

This website's products section drawing is a extremely poor representation of the green color.

You may have an earlier production run with a different box and possibly different road numbers and perhaps the earlier (first iteration) "True Blast" horn only.     

I can't read the road numbers in any of the photos that I have found. Sorry.

I'm sure that 3rail can provide you with more info.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

3rail

Hi EvilLost,

If there is no label on the box the locomotives were most likely part of a set.  We offered box sets that included Sharks with 4 72' Madison cars, or 4 brass freight cars.  Other sets offered were sets with Alco PA and GP-7 locomotives.

It sounds like you have a Baldwin Shark as it written on the box.

Here is a link to our products listing for you to compare.  We don't have the single stripe version in the line right now.  This is the 5 stripe version.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=2285

Regards,

3rail