Main Menu

Weighting Bachman tenders

Started by uncbob, April 08, 2009, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncbob

In several topics it has been stated Bachman tenders are under weight
How do you add weight--where and what is used

THB-DAVE

Self adhesive wieghts found at any model railroad shop and they are put inside the tender preferably over the trucks. I have added wieght to every tender I have owned. You can stick them to the inside top of the Tender. One clever way to add wieght to your tender, which is what I do, is to add a real coal load. Nothing looks as good as real coal.

Dave

Yampa Bob

In this thread I show a convenient place to add weights in a Vandy tender. (scroll down to the 6th post).

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7439.0.html

You can also buy stick on weights at auto parts stores. They come in a long stick, segmented at 1/4 ounce increments.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SteamGene

Much cheaper at an auto parts store.  If you have lots of cars, buy a whole box.  Lasts a life time even if you sell or give some to friends.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Paul M.

How many come in a box, generally?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

train with no shame

our local hobbyshop .larrys hobbys 1960 east in houston sells lead weight packages .in 10ths of grams they will sell and ship them . nmra has a standard .for different car lengths and weights . i have a set of triple beam scales . and weighted some of my rolling stock i was having problems with . and what a difference it makes . and take the advice from the other post . peace to all .

SteamGene

Paul,
I'd have to look at my partial box - but more than 100 1/4 oz. weights. A full box is HEAVY.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"