SUPERTRAIN -THE Model Railway Show, already stoked for 2009‏

Started by doug c, March 03, 2009, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug c

Hellooooo !   :D

Calgary Model Railway Society again presents a two day model railroad show featuring over 60,000 sq.ft. of operating model railroad layouts, displays, Lionel, Lego trains, Thomas and Friends, Garden Railways, photo exhibits, merchandise for sale, and live demos/clinics. Also children's play area.
Adults - $10.00 Kids(6-12)- $5.00 Under 6-Free.
$1 off admission with donation of non-perishable food item to Calgary Food Bank.

Parking is Free.

Calgary Soccer Centre, 7000 - 48 Street SE, Calgary Alberta
Saturday and Sunday, April 18 & 19, 2009
9 AM to 5 PM both days

For more information please check our website http://www.supertrain.ca/ , or contact info@supertrain.ca.

" Canada's Largest and Best Model Train Show "

Sincerely,

Doug Cannon
{for CMRS}

"G-Gauge may not RULE, but it GROWS on YA !! "

p.s.
"In 2008, I saw three manufacturers of LS product attend SUPERTRAIN; Sunset Depot (regional), P&J CustomCastings (Canada's W.coast), and of course AccuCraft (with VP of Sales, up from LasVegas).

As far as the organizers of the show were aware, NO small scale manufacturer could be bothered. Albeit, I was the one to enlighten them about the three LS manufacturers in attendance at ST'08 !

Even though the whole weekend outdoors was one huge early spring (freak) snowstorm, officially 8700 members of the public came thru the doors at our new venue. And the vendor feedback indicated they were very happy with the business generated by the MR enthusiasts who call G-Gauge/Garden Railways their hobby (and even the small scale vendors were quite happy)! "‏

I was recently informed that (at least) 3 small scale manufacturers have signed on for the 2009 show !
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

doug c

Ahhhh YES !!! . . . . Less than 2 weeks to Canada's BIG show.

The CMRS (volunteer) webmaster finally was given both listings for exhibitors/layouts:
http://www.supertrain.ca/Exhibitors.html
(note the international manufacturers listed, and some not so apparent due to sharing a vendors booth, alas  Bachmann has chosen not to attend this show either)

AND Floor plans:
Field level;
http://www.supertrain.ca/FloorPlans/...IN%20final.pdf
Entry Level;
http://www.supertrain.ca/FloorPlans/...ER%20final.pdf

Even though you have plans to attend BUT for some reason you have been told you have less than a couple hrs. to spend at THE show {i feel for ya} you should head straight to Field 'D' where it seems the majority of G-Gauge will be happenin' You will forego some of the odds'N ends of G-Gauge sprinkled thruout the other 3 fields, BUT when ya only have less than a couple hrs alloted . . . ya got to make sacrifices

SOoooooo of course, we'll have Z to 'Ride-on' (it looks like the Airdire crew has the potential of a extended length of space for their track to offer rides to kids of all ages . . . . . last yr they were in the abbreviated end of the mezzanine flr. ) The CMRS facility crew obviously shelved the previously posted idea, for additional vendor space up on that space (too narrow i think for vendor booths) and offered it to the 'ride-on' crew !

If you're planning on being in town for the show and like to volunteer . . as it sounds like there ARE still a few slots left in various positions ---- contact: greg.cave at shaw dot ca .
One of the tangible perks to volunteer for a 2hr shift slot is free admission Personally i signed-on again for a security slot each day.
{one of my more memorable personal volunteer moments was a couple yrs back, when i was assigned to help monitor the exit dr and at the same time, there was a father with his daughter of maybe 8yrs old she especially had a great time being in charge of rubber stamping any of the kids who wanted a train-themed ink stamp on their hand . . . i took care of the adults and the occ. kid when the father/daughter team were swamped with others, using my line of "how about a train stamp on your hand . . . helps ya feel so much younger instantly", ... which had majority of peoples leaving the venue with even bigger smiles than before (even w/o a stamp) !!!}

Also according to the floor plan, a local Radio station will be broadcasting occassionally from ST'09. So if you're driving into the show after the opening hr of 9a.m. you may wish to tune into AM 1060 .
OR if you're stuck at home somewheres else (world ?) April 18 & 19th with computer access, link-up to the stations live streaming; http://www.classiccountryam1060.com/player/player
{pssst this is a commercial country music station ! }

nuff' said,

doug c
RockinB'Railway

"G-Gauge may not Rule, But it GROWS on YA !! " djc'99

p.s. Personally, I've labelled our show as a IASTS !!

p.p.s. i'm the short guy with the long greasy mop of hair, w/glazed black eye and other w/eye patch, pulling a 4-wheeled cart loaded with my cameras (when not in use), . . . . bowed over from the weight of a SUPERTRAIN /Security/CMRS/LSOL/ ID Badge/Pins neck lanyard . . . . potentially drooling all over the new G-Gauge gear or exhibits that will be on-site . . . . . he he he he he he

. . . . InternationalAll-ScalesTrainShow
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99