DCC Reverse Loop Model Wiring

Started by DocWhite, April 11, 2009, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWhite

I understand the principal of the reverse loop module and how it works, but I am unsure of the wiring.

Do I need to add another terminal track inside of the reverse loop?  OR will the power connections I already have (none of which are within what will become the reverse loop) be sufficient.

I have looked for a document on the installation of the module but cannot seem to find one, prior to the purchase.

Nathan

rustyrails

Hey, Doc,
MRC makes one of these reverse loop modules, too.  None of them are very expensive and they all work in a similar fashion.  The important thing is to identify the reversing section and gap both rails at each end of the reversing section.  You won't have any trouble.  Good Luck.
Rusty

Jim Banner

Now to answer your question.  If you are using E-Z Track, then you will need another terminal track within the loop.  This is where you connect the output of the reversing loop module, whatever brand you wish to use.  If you have a terminal track just outside the loop, this is a convenient place to connect the input of the reversing loop module.  Otherwise, you can splice the input wires of the module into the wires from your E-Z Commander (don't forget to insulate them with tape to keep them from shorting.)

As pointed out by others, you must insulate both rails of all tracks at the ends of the turning loop.  Depending on your track layout, there may be more than two ends to your reversing loop.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

DocWhite

Thank you very much for the assist. 

It is appreciated.