Bachmann HO standard 3 truck shay, truck problems

Started by Lumber27, April 11, 2009, 01:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumber27

Thanks RichG but I would still like Bachmann to improve their customer service dept working with customers who bought shay's with poor running gears.  I feel I shouldn't have to spend extra money on a third party product while the original retailer has not attempted to correct the problem, except to ignore the problem and make it difficult to talk with techs who do know what they are talking about. 

I'm disappointed the Bach-Man hasn't gotten back to me yet! 

I would really enjoy some communication from this company to let me know what their plans are for correcting Shay drive issues.  I am willing to be patient if they are willing to work with us the modeler who bought their products in good faith. 
Like the 8 ACF log cars, 2 cabooses, 2 shays, 44 and 70 toner I have by this company.
All which preform flawlessly except the SHAYS!

I'm not doing to bash the company and say everything they make is crap, that is not the case, what I have observed and continue observing is they have difficulty supporting products which develop problems which turns customers off, leading to wide spread posts and talk at train shows about an inferior product. 

All this could be minimzed by improved communication with the customer. 
Communication is the key...

Lastly, I am still waiting for communication from Bachmann.

Richard

the Bach-man

Dear Richard,
I did post the answer, but apparently in the wrong thread. We are awaiting parts, and you will be able to get a replacement when they arrive.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Lumber27

When do you expect the parts in? Will you inform us when they arrive?

Thanks
Richard

the Bach-man

Dear Richard,
I will post here when they come in. I don't have an anticipated arrival date.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Lumber27

Any word of when a new shipment of trucks will be in?  Still have two  shays with five out of six trucks slipping.  Do you know if they are reengineering the new trucks or will these break after a few hours of operation also?

Thanks,
Richard

richG

You might be interested in the message in another forum.

I do not believe Bachmann headquarters is going to tell the Bach Man much of anything. The Bach Man has a tough job of being a figure head/whipping post. Some people here are brutal. Not a responsibility I would like.

http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/t/153627.aspx

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear All,
They'll certainly tell me when the parts arrive, and I'll pass it along.
And don't worry, I don't take things personally.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Pacific Northern

I just received an e-mail from NWSL advising me the gears are now in production and will be available in a couple of weeks. He anticipates the gears will cost $24.95.

I will certainly be purchasing a few of the sets to ensure my Shay roster keeps running. I really like these engines and replacing those plastic parts prone to failure with metal parts seems like a good idea for me. 

The cost for the NWSL gears are just a bit more than my cost to mail one of the Shays to Bachmann for replacement/repairs should they fail.

I look at this as a win win situation.
Pacific Northern

Daylight4449

i will say that although bachmann was great to me on numerous occasions, my last run in left me with a sour taste. i ssent in three locos which i got back in shambles, it took 3 phone arguments ans 10 week to get replacements.

Ken Huck

Oh JOY !  Oh Joy ! ! !...

...i need five (5) sets....

PS: Whoopee

Lumber27

How much dust can my two shays accumulate? 

I will give Bachmann a well done for detail and affordability on this lovely model.  If only I had received good customer service I too would not have a sour taste.  Thanks to all who have supported this post. 

Richard

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Lumber27 on May 26, 2009, 10:19:49 PM
How much dust can my two shays accumulate? 

I will give Bachmann a well done for detail and affordability on this lovely model.  If only I had received good customer service I too would not have a sour taste.  Thanks to all who have supported this post. 

Richard

You still have the option of sending in your shays if the gears are shot for replacement engines do you not?
Pacific Northern