News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scale Hudson

Started by Sunrise Special, April 14, 2009, 07:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunrise Special

Is there a tether between the engine and tender on the scale hudson?

Thanks,

Sunrise

the Bach-man

Dear Sunrise,
There's a drawbar- is that what you mean?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Sunrise Special

In addition to the drawbar are there wires that connect the engine to the tender.  The MTH Railking steam engines have a drawbar and an electrical tether that plugs the tender into the engine

Sunrise

3rail

Hi Sunrise,

The Scale Hudson is our only steam loco that has a tether.  This is necessary because the reverse board will not fit inside of the boiler of the Scale Hudson due to the gearbox on the center driver.

Regards,

3rail 

Sunrise Special

3rd Rail,

Thanks for the info...Bummer..... >:(.  I was hoping to put a Lionel tender behind the Williams 773.  The one thing that stops me from spending much more $$$ on the Williams product is the horn/whistle.  I'm not saying that I want fancy electronics or command control just a better sounding simple (one blast) horn or whistle.  I would even say if you took the TBII and just made it one blast that would be a great improvement!!  I'm still a huge fan..I just ordered the Rio Grande Heritage unit for my 10 year old daughter from Marty at Ma and Pa Junction!!!  She loves the Rio Grande scheme and I decided to go with the Williams due to the warranty and for a much greater purpose.  Hopefully, years from now when she takes the train out it will be the catalyst for her to share stories abouit the fun times we had together playing with the trains. I still share stories with my kids on how I use to play with my Dad's postwar trains around the Christmas tree! In order for that to happen, the engine will have to still work  ;) and with Bachmann behind the Williams line I feel pretty confident that the support will be there for many years to come especially considerng how Bachmann is positioning itself in the O gauge market with the purchasing of production facilities.  Didn't mean to ramble on but for some of us toy trains represent tradition and great memories are more that instant gratification!!  Keep up the great work!!

Sunrise