News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Age Identification

Started by Banjopicker, April 23, 2009, 11:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjopicker

Hello to all, I have a pretty simple question, I think.  I'm trying to identify the age of a Bachmann HO set  I just aquired.  It is a Georgia Pacific complete set, with the Item number of AA 40-0440C
If this is not the correct forum, could you please help me find the correct place?
thanks,
Banjopicker

rustyrails

Thank goodness...I thought you wanted to know how old I was.   :o 
Rusty

pdlethbridge

Rusty, was it 2 figures or 3?

rustyrails

It's only 2, pdlethbridge, but they're crooked numbers.  Does older 'n dirt mean anything to you?   ;)

pdlethbridge

WGL

I wonder how many members qualify for that Social Security stimulus check which is coming in May & what business they will stimulate with it.  ;)

boomertom

Unfortunately, mine won't stimulate model trains too many higher priority items I'm afraid.

And I am proud to say I was raised in the twilight of steam and the dawn of diesels.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

pdlethbridge

Tom, I was too. I got to see a lot of B&M steam before they were gone by 1958. When my check comes I think I'll use it for the trains, probably a small industry or 2 from walthers.  I'll buy food with the rest of it.

az2rail

Getting back to the original question, I looked through my back catalogs and don't see it listed.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

pdlethbridge

Bruce, I like your sig. My brother was an only child!
And as far as your set is concerned, it probably won't be listed as it most likely was a sales item for Georgia Pacific. You might try to look for sets that have the same engine and cars but a different road name. That should get you close to its age.