EZ Command and DC Controller connection

Started by BestSnowman, April 22, 2009, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestSnowman

I've been using the feature to connect a bachmann dc pack to EZ-Command to free up #10 for DCC and use the dc pack to power a DC engine.

Today the EZ command controller fell off my table and the mini-jack connector that goes into the EZ command broke off leaving half of it in the ez-command. Now I have two problems, first I have no idea how I'm going to get whats left of the mini-jack out. Does anyone have any ideas that I can try? I'm guessing I might just have to call customer service and see if they can do anything.

My second problem is a bit more trivial, I had my 44 Ton switcher set to #10. Since I can no longer use 10 for DCC how do I assign a new address to it or trick the ez command into giving me 10 back long enough to change address?
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Jim Banner

First, I assume it was the plug, not the jack that broke in half.  If the part of the plug left in your E-Z Command is still visible inside the jack, you can probably hook it out with a large needle or a small ice pick.  If the broken off piece is pushed in too far for that, talk to Bachmann service.

To reprogram your locomotive from 10 to another address, use the directions in the E-Z Command manual for programming a decoder with an unknown address.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

BestSnowman

I figured there probably wasn't much I could do to get it out.

Now I have to find my directions for the EZ Command, my son recently "reorganized" my workspace.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Jim Banner

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.