Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL THOMAS FANS!

Started by the Bach-man, April 18, 2009, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
BIG news!
Sir Topham Hatt has asked me to let you know that I have posted pictures of some new Large Scale items in the Photo Gallery.
Enjoy!
the Bach-man

The Chaz Storm

You scared me back there Bach-man, don't know why. :P 

Anyways regarding the pictures, they look great!  The 'Someone to look up to' gave me a chuckle there. :P  They look much better then the old Lionel ones they have made, the detail continues to amaze me.  It's a shame I don't model G scale though so I won't be able to join in on the fun of collecting these models.  Can't wait to see how they are going to be when they are done!  Same goes for Thomas and Percy. :)

StanierJack

Wow, now these look stunning. Not only do they appear to look like near-scale models, they also look pretty prototypical too, and I wouldn't be suprised if a few are "Cut'n'shut" to make Gauge 1 items.

I was abit worried that we would end up with something like the Lionel range, but I was wrong.

I think I might have to look for that LGB set I had for the track and controller...

alex wittman

Dear Bachmann,

thank you for posting the pictures, they look amazing so far, can't wait to see the engines in large scale under construction. again thank you.

P.S. remember, no hurry for detail, tkae your time and we will be proud.

Cheeky_ULP

Fabulous. :D Now lets hope we can see Salty, and the Large Scale Thomas and Percy soon.

Lets all hope as well for updated models of Thomas, Percy and James.  ;)

alex wittman

i looked at the details and i see that the hook might be big enough for chains to put on, not saying to replace the couplers, but with the chains we might be able to connect the trains without a problem. anyone doubt on that?

Santa Fe buff

The neat thing about G Gauge is that you can add tons of more details due to the large size. Bach-Man, you guys pass out the good word for me, they did an incredible job, the comparison was a very nice touch. So, whose house was this at?  ;D I'm kidding you don't have to answer that. You guys did a great job, and the captions were a nice touch as well.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Anthony P2

so far the look splendid! well done bachmann!  ;D

James The Red Engine

That Mr. the Bach-man deserves a handshake.  ;)

alex wittman

well done  Mr. Bachmann, nice job indeed. once they come out, i am buying some small chains and see how they work with chain couplings. but all and all, nice job.  :)

ThomasFan247

As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thuoght they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will deffinately have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 

Guilford Guy

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 24, 2009, 10:11:50 PM
As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thuoght they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will deffinately have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 
1. You sound way too excited, which makes you look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.
2. You can't leave Bachmann Large Scale track outdoors.
3. You look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.
Alex

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Guilford Guy on April 25, 2009, 08:00:02 PM

-Chris 
1. You sound way too excited, which makes you look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.
1. I don't care.
2. I never said I was using Bachmann track.
3. I DON'T CARE!!!

Anthony P2

Quote from: Guilford Guy on April 25, 2009, 08:00:02 PM

-Chris 

well duh you cant leave bachmann large scale track outside. he'll probably use brass track.

my advice for brass track is to look around for decent prices. i'v seen packs of 20 cuves for as high as - i think- $130(?) . there is one website that has cheep track for - i beleive it was - 80(?)-100(?). i forget the web site. for agsact answers try to ask www.lsol.com

Guilford Guy

Yes, but do you know why?
Brass or Nickel Silver Rail will work fine. Nickel silver usually has better conductivity, but in any case you should solder jumper wires between joints. Aluminum Rail is cheapest but does not conduct very well.
Alex