Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL THOMAS FANS!

Started by the Bach-man, April 18, 2009, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

Quote from: Guilford Guy on April 25, 2009, 08:00:02 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 24, 2009, 10:11:50 PM
As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thought they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will definitely have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 
1. You sound way too excited, which makes you look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.
2. You can't leave Bachmann Large Scale track outdoors.
3. You look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.

Wow this is the first time i looked down here and why are you calling him some kind of........ ???...... ???....i don't really know but he can be excited! :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ThomasFan247

Quote from: jettrainfan on May 16, 2009, 11:08:07 AM
As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thought they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will definitely have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 
1. You sound way too excited, which makes you look like a watchamacallitcuzicantsayit.

Wow this is the first time i looked down here and why are you calling him some kind of........ ???...... ???....i don't really know but he can be excited! :(
Thank you.

panniertankboy8751

:o :o :o :o :o :o Man, those models are awsome lookin'. Too bad I can't get them now :'(. Ah well, If tose are still around when I make the switch to say, G guage, They are so being bought!

Cheers!

shining time

i think the g scale models look great keep up the good work the bachmann ! :) :) :) :) :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

buzz

Hi
Please tell me one of the extras supplied with the locomotive is going to be a proper English smoke box door (and some other details) that can be fitted instead of the face.
I am a fan of the real Thomas not the modern #### and hope it will be the  Proper Rev Awdry locomotive which means no face not the unreal TV one.
Please don't mould the faces in the rolling stock so they can be painted out
by English large scale fans the stock looks like it could be convincing UK
stock if it hasn't got the faces
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I hate being Captain Obvious, but they had faces in the books too. Also, it's going to be the TV style. That's a GIVEN.

ThomasFan247

As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thuoght they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will deffinately have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 
I was right!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Sorry for gloating.... :-[

StanierJack

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on July 20, 2009, 08:46:33 PM
As James from MOAB T&F series would say, "Shut my mouth!" Those models are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The detail is perfect. When I first saw them I thuoght they were the actual TV models stripped from their paint. You could probably pass them for the real models. Like Santa Fe Bluff said since the models are larger, much larger then the HO, you can add more details. I can't wait to see what Thomas and Percy will look like. I'm hoping they'll have extremely accurate faces, and I'm sure they will. I know they will deffinately have better detail than the HO. My God I'm gonna pee my pants I'm so excited!!! It's a good thing my mom and I are making a garden railroad this year (well we're not entirely sure yet). Again  FANTASTIC models!!!!!!!  :D

-Chris 
I was right!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Sorry for gloating.... :-[

You can run it, but I assume you cannot leave it out overnight.

buzz

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 10, 2009, 08:05:52 PM
I hate being Captain Obvious, but they had faces in the books too. Also, it's going to be the TV style. That's a GIVEN.

I hate to say this but the 1934 or was it 38 stories which I had copies of, did not have faces they where proper locomotive as are all the Thomas characters.
Nor did the articles written by the great man on the S.I.R in the English model press
in fact it was these that got me interested in model trains in the first place.
regards John

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: buzz on July 22, 2009, 03:23:07 AM
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 10, 2009, 08:05:52 PM

I hate to say this but the 1934 or was it 38 stories which I had copies of, did not have faces they where proper locomotive as are all the Thomas characters.
Nor did the articles written by the great man on the S.I.R in the English model press
in fact it was these that got me interested in model trains in the first place.
regards John

Sorry to burst your bubble...

The Three Railway Engines, the first ever book in the Railway Series, produced in the early 40s:

The faces have been there since the dawn of their time.  ;)

jettrainfan

Maybe he was talking about Rev. telling them to his son. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 22, 2009, 12:04:18 PM
Maybe he was talking about Rev. telling them to his son. :)
Which he was just telling those stories to his son, so at the time wasn't even a "true" series.

Awdry also did small sketches before the illustrations for the book was made, and even then the engines had faces.

buzz

This is interesting
I wonder why the books I had never had the faces??
I know the railway built by the REV Awdery certainly did not have faces,
and where accurate models of the specific locomotives in all except colour
regards John

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: buzz on July 24, 2009, 10:17:43 PM
This is interesting
I wonder why the books I had never had the faces??
I know the railway built by the REV Awdery certainly did not have faces,
and where accurate models of the specific locomotives in all except colour
regards John
Do you have the books or remember what the titles were? Could you upload some pics?
Visit the Thomas and Friends Wikia!

StanierJack

True, Awdry's models did not have faces, but they weren't 100% accurate. His original Annie, Clarabel and Thomas were HO scale, and his model of Gordon (A Gresley A1) was made from a Tri-Ang/Rovex Princess.

The models Awdry had did give the names to at least one locomotive in the books.

When Awdry brought a Gaitey 57XX as a spare engine, many visitors commented on how it waddled like a Duck, hence where his name comes from ;)