News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela Set

Started by Peety73, April 20, 2009, 02:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peety73

I recently purchased the complete Acela set, power pack, etc.  I actually work for Amtrak as a Conductor, on the Acela occasionally, so naturally I was excited to see the two power cars and 3 passenger cars were from the actual train.  I was even more excited to find the two add on cars, end business as well as business class matched up!  However I was wondering if you make Business Class car 3531, thats the one missing to make the complete set.  The train runs great and looks fantastic.  Thank you.

D.Harrison

Welcome aboard to the Acela modelers.  Do you mean that with a 3351 business car, you would have the actual consist of an Acela trainset?  I don't know what research was done for deciding upon car numbers and power car numbers at the onset.  I do know that the next run of power cars will feature numbers to complete numbers already made allowing for actual consists to be modelled.  From then on the pairs are matched with real Acela power car consists.  There is a Microscale Amtrak numbers set that might be useful.

David Harrison
http://web.mac.com/msibnsf/iWeb/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed/Modeling%20Techniques.html
Acela Modeling Website