News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recent Bachmann 2-6-0 Moguls

Started by railtwister, April 20, 2009, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Someone mentioned recently somewhere (I can't recall where) that the newest runs of the On30 mogul have additional electrical pickups in the tender. I'm not sure my LHS has any in stock, and if they do, I have no way to tell if it's the most recent run or not. Also, do the most recently released Moguls come with the working coupler pilots already installed? I've seen that the freight cars (boxcars & hi-side gons) are getting the new lowered chassis as the older inventory gets depleted, so I wonder if the same scenario is true for the Moguls. I think it's also interesting to note that the "new" On30 items listed in the 2009 Bachmann catalog are really NOT new items for 2009, they are all items that were released (or scheduled for release) in 2008. So the net effect is that not only are we not seeing any truly "new" On30 items this year, with the loss of the Porter o-4-0 & 0-4-2, we are actually seeing a decline in On30 items available. Also, the sound equipped OF Forney SR&RL #12 appears to have been dropped from the catalog as well. Does this mean that the On30 market may have already seen it's peak, and now is on the downhill side of new items? Especially worrisome since no other major manufacturers have released anything in this scale (sorry, conversions of existing On3 items doesn't count, besides those manufacturers can't really be called "major").

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA
Florida On30 Renegades

renniks

Quote from: railtwister on April 20, 2009, 10:01:51 PM
Someone mentioned recently somewhere (I can't recall where) that the newest runs of the On30 mogul have additional electrical pickups in the tender.

Think that the Bach-Man would have mentioned such an update.  Will believe it when someone posts a photo of these tender pickups.

Eric UK