News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

disappointing

Started by pjf, April 23, 2009, 08:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Of all the nice products offered by Bachmann it is disappointing that all the lighted passanger cars and cabooses look unreal in the dark. The light comes through the walls, roof and doors with or without windows. Short of taking it apart and paint the insides are there some better solutions?
Is "Mr. Bachmann" working on a solution? pjf
Peter

az2rail

I use to have the same problem with Lionel trains. I just either painted the inside or used electrical tape to block the light.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

El Loco

One of the other 0n30 modelers in my home town had the same issue. He painted the interior walls and added some different lights that are  ( watch)battery powered and operate with a magnetic switch  a wand turns the lights on & off no wires or pickups to install. They are  for HO scale passenger cars. He had to trim down the light bar but it solved the issue and improved the lighting as well.  Sorry I'll have to ask him for the brand name as I dont remember it at this time.   

Jim Banner

That sounds like Easy-Peasy lighting from Rapido.  I have some Rapido H0-scale Rocky Mountaineer coaches with it and like it because it is flicker free and distributes the light really well for LED lighting.  (To my eyes, passenger cars with flickering lights look like street cars and trolley buses.)  The light bar should reduce the side lighting onto the car sides, but even if it does not, one coat of black paint followed by a couple of coats of light coloured paint will stop the light from leaking through the walls and help to bounce it around inside.

Radio has recently brought out Easy-Peasy lighting for N-scale coaches.  I am thinking of trying some of these shorter light bars in 0n30 coaches to save trimming.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

El Loco

Jim, That it! Rapido.  ;)