News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fresh Cherries: The Next Batch...

Started by tonycook1966, March 28, 2007, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonycook1966

You may have read about the second group of 1/87th Fresh Cherries vehicles, but I have some info that is freshier and differs from earlier announcements.

Read about the next batch of 1/87th Fresh Cherries, plus see pics of the original cars and info regarding their prototypes and model designs...

http://ho-scaletrains.net/id26.html

:)
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net

lanny

thanks for that info Tony. Those are nice looking cars.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Paul M.

The 1940 Ford F1 pickup sounds great. Any idea how much they cost?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Tony,  nice site even if the autos are much too new for my modeling time.   BUT.......here we go again.......notice that the site has larger scale cars in the 1/24 and 1/64 scales(S scale,  which has fewer modelers than O scale)......but nothing in the 1/48 or 1/50 scales.   There is a hugh hole in the modeling world when it comes to O scale modeling.    Now I know that there is a lot of 1/43 stuff out there,  but once you see true 1/48 scale or even 1/50 scale next to the 1/43,  you will see how out of scale the 1/43 stuff is.    It is great for the guys and gals in the three rail world but not for those of us in the 1/48 world.   Just last weekend I was in a local hobby shop looking for car or truck models.  I found 1/72(too big for HO),  then the scales jumped to 1/35,  1/24,  and fnally,   I think it was 1/8.   The only thing to found in 1/48 scale were airplane models.
      So,  a note to Bachmann......when thinking of things for your On30 line,  consider "support" items such as cars and trucks,  people,   standpipes,  etc.   If you can do trees,  why not other things?

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Paul M.

Quote from: ebtbob on April 01, 2007, 07:42:44 AM
Good Morning All,

Tony,  nice site even if the autos are much too new for my modeling time.   BUT.......here we go again.......notice that the site has larger scale cars in the 1/24 and 1/64 scales(S scale,  which has fewer modelers than O scale)......but nothing in the 1/48 or 1/50 scales.   There is a hugh hole in the modeling world when it comes to O scale modeling.    Now I know that there is a lot of 1/43 stuff out there,  but once you see true 1/48 scale or even 1/50 scale next to the 1/43,  you will see how out of scale the 1/43 stuff is.    It is great for the guys and gals in the three rail world but not for those of us in the 1/48 world.   Just last weekend I was in a local hobby shop looking for car or truck models.  I found 1/72(too big for HO),  then the scales jumped to 1/35,  1/24,  and fnally,   I think it was 1/8.   The only thing to found in 1/48 scale were airplane models.
      So,  a note to Bachmann......when thinking of things for your On30 line,  consider "support" items such as cars and trucks,  people,   standpipes,  etc.   If you can do trees,  why not other things?

Bob

So you model earlier than 1940?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

ebtbob

Paul,

No,  I do not actually have a specific year,  but I would say I would probably say I am in the 50s.  Now I know the site mentions the 1956 and 1940 pickups,  but look at all the other pix.   All 1975,  or newer.  Does me not a bit of good.   But more importantly was the rest of my message was the sever lack of things available in the 1/48-50 realm.
     O scale is making a nice come back thanks much in part to the advent of the On30 craze helped along by Bachmann.  There should be a great market to tap into  and I can only hope someone sees it before much longer.  Athearn is one manufacturer that has,  but the line is still a bit small.   Cars would be a nice addition to the Athearn line.    I would also like to see the Mini Metal people produce some of their wonderful vehicles that they did in HO.   The expanded smaller to N scale, so why not larger to O scale?

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

MrMunchkin

Motor Max also has nice, modern, tractor trailer trucks in their Big Rigs series that are either H.O. scale or close. they sell for the reasonable price of $2.99 at my local Maxi Drugs store.   P.M.

Derek O

Quote from: tonycook1966 on March 28, 2007, 12:45:05 PM
You may have read about the second group of 1/87th Fresh Cherries vehicles, but I have some info that is freshier and differs from earlier announcements.

Read about the next batch of 1/87th Fresh Cherries, plus see pics of the original cars and info regarding their prototypes and model designs...

http://ho-scaletrains.net/id26.html

:)

I asked the manufacturer about Canadian retail availability and was informed "Wal-Mart will have these by August.Right now you probably need to shop online.  Try www.houseofhobbies.com"

Derek