News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Website

Started by Santa Fe buff, May 05, 2009, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

http://santafebuff.synthasite.com/

I don't have the money for my own domain name.

Enjoy, and tell me what you think. (I know, the Trainz pictures are hard to load... I can't get around that.)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

I enjoyed visiting your website.  It looks like you have done a lot of work setting it up.  Don't worry that you don't have your own domain name - few of us do unless we can write it off as a business expense.

Keep up the good work.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

boomertom

It is great that you are using your interest in trains to expand your experience into web design.

You are proving that model railroading will be in good hands in your generation. Keep it up.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Santa Fe buff

Sorry about the late reply.

Thanks, I've submitted this URL to Google, Yahoo!, and MSN/Live Search to be listed. This may take several weeks, but it's probably listed under Synthasite's page, which is now called 'Yola'.

Thanks again.

Jim,
It's very easy. It took awhile to get those Screen shots with Fraps, which is quite fast in fact. Yola's impressive setup allows you to drag and drop modules and text boxes, images, and allows you the choice of having a blog page, or a webpage. I used the blog, but some customizing was required to get the "About Me" picture. The overall theme is one of the many Yola has provided pre-made for all registered users, and registration is free. I guess I found a good site to build mine, I was skeptical in terms of getting one of those so-called 'free' sites from a 'free website' building page.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer