News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track feeder wire terminals

Started by train with no shame, April 27, 2009, 10:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

train with no shame

i am looking for terminals for my spdt micro switches for my remote switches . i found a package at our lhs . they are item #00788 track feeder wire terminals .the package says the show case line , quality s-scale model train parts .from s-helper service inc . i have looked and looked on-line called hobby shops . and can not find any . they look like the .terminal that powers the frog on the #5 switch . i dont really want to solder them to the spdt switches i have . and these will work as push on connectors .  if anyone can help or give me a link to find some i need 48 of them ...package has 24 ......thanks mark f

Tim

Mark

Contact  http://www.showcaseline.com/

You should be able to buy direct.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

train with no shame

thanks tim ...i went to the site.they didn't show them online .but i called them and have 3 packages coming ...big help thanks . now i can get my control panel and wiring going . thanks again twns rr

train with no shame

again thanks tim . i took my spdt center off micro switch .and did some practice wiring on a standard r-18 turnout i had . and luckly my first try i had i hooked and wired right .the single pole is power the to outside polls are for direction . the center wire on the remote turnout switch being the neutral . i powered it off the athearn a/c d/c controller i used before .   wow now i got 12 more to do and set my control panel .... and i found another mdt plymoth sante fa diesel ..... picked it up for $19.00 the other one i found was on clearence as well ...do people know what they were missing out on ....i like that little guy....just cruzes around the track happy and peaceful...anyway peace to all mark f

Tim

Mark

You're welcome.

It's nice to hear that your posts are helpful, thanks.

I'll have to check out that MDT switcher, it might make a
nice On30 critter.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

train with no shame

i found some 3 conductor wire . at our LHS it is "model power 1f3/c" looks like 22g or 28g wire . is this wire  sufficient for going to all my switches . i had heard and read 18g is preferred. i bought some of the green extention wires "bachman #44598 " and wanted to use the male ends to plug into the female end of the remote turnout switches . go from micro switch to terminal block from terminal block with male end to the female end of the switches . .. the test switch i wired was with the "model power 3/c wire " .i have 12 of them to do . but would like to make sure i use the right size wire .so i don't have a voltage drop .and burn up solenoid's in the remote turnout switches .  what is the wire size on this bachmann product#44598 as it doesn't look 18g .the size extention wires "green" you get with the expander set are larger than the #44598 thanks mark f

Tim

Mark

You should be ok with 18 - 20ga wire.

Don't buy the wire at your LHS, you will pay too much.

Buy 100ft rolls in three different colors and make your own cable.

You can get it here.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/825450/Wire-/-Cable/Hook-Up-100-Rolls-/1.html

You can get 300ft of wire for about $24.

Tim Anders
Souderton,PA