News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Colorodo Roads

Started by Dusten Barefoot, April 27, 2009, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

This for you Colorodo Road people. Talk about the models you would like to see. This will hopfully prevent off topic posting in other topics. ;D
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Thank you for putting this on. As for models well...
My first priority would be to see a updated 2-6-0 with DCC and maby even sound. I also want(hint!) it to come with the correct tender, and may I even ask a new diferently detailed version to match 8,9, and 10. After that how about a C&S #70 class 2-8-0. These locomotives would be a good start to the world of Colorado Narrow Gauge for Bachmann.

Charlie Mutschler

However, 8, 9, and 10 are different horses - part of Class B-3-C, and quite different from the two members of Class B-3-B, Nos. 21 and 22 which are fairly easily done using the existing Bachmann model.  I know several On3 modelers have regauged the Bachmann model (it's easier now with the Grandt axle set) and made very nice On3 B-3-Bs for a fraction of the price of the brass ones. 

What would I like to see?  I would like to see a manufacturer offer the F&CC / RGS Schenectady 4-6-0s (quite unlike the ET&WNC prototype for Bachmann's upcoming 4-6-0) and or the D&RGW T-12 4-6-0. 

Hey, you asked! 
Charlie Mutschler
-30-

Chatzi473

A C&S 2-8-0 would be cool to see. like the 71 that is sitting in Central City Colorado.

it can come looking like that for US Colorado people but its a 2-8-0 so it does not have to be limited to just Colorado engines if bachmann plays around with the idea of it.

I would also love to see one of the T-12s or one of the RGS 4-6-0.

Royce Wilson

I have allways thought the RGS 4-6-0 was the alltime favorite of modelers second only to the K-27. but I guess I was wrong, everyone keeps arguing the radius issue. face it a real narrow gauge railroad that had the equilvant of the curves we use would have been a small minning tram pulled by mules.
If Bachmann would change the direction of the door opening on the box car then we could squeeze them in as a early Colorado box car without a lot of squinting.  I think when most of us were for the ET&WNC 4-6-0 on this board it was because we were under the impression that it could be easily converted to a RGS ten wheeler,ain't being ugly but how many folks model the tweetsie?  I guess it kinda like all those OR&W box cars running around with C&S logos to match the mogul. Bachmann don't take me wrong but help us out here please! just a thought ;D

Royce Wilson

Dusten Barefoot

We're few in number, but hopefully the On30 ET&WNC #12 will spark an explosion. Most of the modeling went to HOn3, and G-scales. So the On30 will probably cause the spark to burn into a flame. ;D
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Well, there seems to be lots of insterest in the C&S 2-8-0, I would like to see this model made more then any other. Here's some more pictures.

Chatzi473

make the 2-8-0 that is a C&S one and then make a few others with out the air tanks on top that can resemble more of other railroads. Most narrow gauge railroad's east and west had a few inside frame 2-8-0s

Frisco

Yea, with a few detail changes it could easily be a NCNG 2-8-0, and I believe I heard that EBT had a similar locomotive. It would also make a nice larger logging locomotive and would fit in nicely with a stortline theme.

Chatzi473

I think the 2-8-0 EBT had was similar to the C-19s the DRGW, a few other railroads like the Pacific Coast Railroad In cali had some also that where similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0xvaKKSbl4 that is the Pacific Coast Railroad.

BLI does not make their c-16s anymore and when they did they where not the best. this is a good time for bachman to make a good engine that can also beet the prices of MMI and get a lot of different verity in the engine

finderskeepers

I think a D&RGW T-12 4-6-0 would be just dandy! This one is by accucraft in large scale, but I think you will get the idea.

http://www.accucraft.com/image/accucraft/products/AL88-251-PS.jpg

Frisco

A T-12 would be cool. I bet that Accucraft will do it after their C-16.

Tomcat

Hi all !

the beautiful C&S #74 plus a RGS version would be a favorite to me!

Nice proportions, a well known Engine which is that popular plus the opportunity to produce some different versions....

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Tim

Chatzi473

FYI the BLI C-16 is still available, they are being sold as Blue Line loco's.

They will be available by fall.

The only paint schemes are Bumble Bee and two Christmas schemes.

http://factorydirecttrains.com/bluelinec-16.aspx

They can be made to run very well by redistributing the weight, they
are front heavy.  Out of the box they don't track very well.

I have a fix if you or anyone else would like to improve your C-16.

E-mail me.  My E-mail is in my profile.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

Chatzi473

Oh I did not know that. To bad it is just the bumble bee and christmas ones.