Every Time & With No Complaint, and other Carolina Roads.

Started by Dusten Barefoot, April 27, 2009, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

This is for the Eat Tadders & Wear No Cloths people. ET&WNC, and other Carolina roads that span from the Linvill to the ones in the coast that I don't really know about. This will hopfully prevent irrelvent posting in other topics. ;D

I'll start in this one.
I think we should see the ET&WNC lettering on most of the rolling stock. They pretty much match some of the ET&WNCs rollingstock.

any others ya'll?

Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Dusten Barefoot

Ok since Matt hain't been here for a bit I guess I will put down what he wanted.

I have to agree with him on the Lawndale 2-8-0s, but why stop there. They had 2-6-0s that closely resemble the ET&WNCs 2-6-0s. Holy crap I just noticed spell check.
Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Dusten Barefoot

Once you've seen these babys, you will want to have them on your layout. I know I would.

http://www.tarheelpress.com/Lawndale2.html

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Well, I can't say that the 2-6-0 does much for me but that 2-8-0 shure looks nice(even if it isn't Colorado ;D)

Chatzi473

hahah Dustin i like how you take up at least 90% of this thread lol but i have to say the 2-6-0 is not bad.

ebtbob

Dusten,

There is a book out by Iain Rice about shelve layouts.   The ET&W gets some nice attention in that book and the track plan is for an On30 layout.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Tarheelrrds

Hey Dusten
Don't let them Western RR guys pick on you. We have a lot of neat NG stuff here in the east.Mt airy & Eastern,Wellington & Powellsville later the Carolina& Southern in Ahoskie,Suffolk & Carolina later standard gauge and became part of the Norfolk Southern down east.Just to our north Surry Sussex & Southhampton and don't forget the hundreds of narrowgauge logging lines W.M.Ritter,John L Roper Lumber,Dennis Simmions Lumber even after the The Dennis Simmions shut down its operation in the Baily and Kenly NC area the line continued to operate as the Narron Central RR a 3ft narrow gauge line.One of these Loggers Moses white lumber operated in the Dismal Swamp until the 1970s using 4 narrow gauge Plymouth locomotives and all four still exist in eastern NC.One is on display at the Dismal Swampo Canal visitors center. One is in a museum in Boykins VA and the other two owned by private individuals.So there we have some of that narrow gauge stuff around here.
Alan Ashworth

Dusten Barefoot

They can't insult me lol, after all, im the one who pesters the living snot out of people. Alan you are correct. The Carolinas had a lot of great NG to offer. I am going to start pestering bachmann for a nice lawndale 2-8-0 or 2-6-0. I think they look great and I even got some of the western'ers thinking so.

The lawndale is perfect:

It is not a major line like the DRGW, or ET&WNC; it is more like a little logging line,  nice and small, but very hard working. I think that the engines would be a perfect addition to the bachmann line.

MATT!!! I NEED YOUR HELP.  ;D lol

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Matt Bumgarner

Dusten,

The Lawndale Vulcan 2-8-0 would be a perfect fit on an On30 pike. A few years back, someone made a conversion kit using an HO MDC/Roundhouse 2-8-0. I haven't checked driver sizes, etc, but  I would think it would be in the realm of possibility to already have the frame and running gear ready to go with existing tooling. Given the quick adjacent releases of the On30 4-4-0 models, perhaps an inside frame 2-8-0 is indeed possible.

What say you Mr. Bachmann?

Already, Deerfield River Laser makes a pretty good Lawndale combine kit, the Bachmann gons are VERY close, and a smattering of boxcars is all you would need.

Now, I would also like to see a revised 2-6-0, with the rear driver offset a bit further back than the spacing on the front and center ones. This would allow for an EASY kitbash of the Lawndale 2-6-0, and more importantly, could be dead nuts on for ET&WNC #1 and #2.

Perfect compliments to the 4-6-0 and the Climax (for Linville River Rwy).

Thanks!

Matt

ebtbob

Guys,

The most efficient way to pester for equipment is to contact Mr. B off forum with drawings,  photos,  and other info.   Don't just sit out here and say,  "Hey Mr. B,  I need an so and so and such and such."

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Matt Bumgarner

No doubt you are correct Mr. Bob.

Unfortunately, in my usual casual surfing of the internet, I generally don't have drawings and plans handy.

That being said, I still think it reasonable to offer what one's preferences and opinions are on a discussion forum and think that nuggets of ideas are stilll there to be found for Bachmann.

Matt

C.S.R.R. Manager

Offering one's opinions and preferences on the board is fine [I do it too] , but when you start repeating your preferences over and over, it becomes pestering.  Pestering might work with parents sometimes [just ask my kids], but it doesn't work in business. 

Perhaps a better approach would be to offer an opinion about a new release, and wait to see what the other board members think.  Broad support for a new loco from a number of customers is that influences Bachmann, not repeated comments from one or two guys.

Along those lines, the Lawndale 2-8-0 is something that would interest me, but not as much as some other locos.

Manager

ebtbob

Matt,

I understand that not everyone can have drawings and such,  but it does not mean one cannot get them.    The drawings that I sent to Mr B that were used to help create the On30 2 bay hopper,  especially the EBT ones were from a MRC article from a number of years ago.   I simply wrote to Kalmbach and asked for permission to copy the drawings,   told them what I wanted to do with them and then waited for their answer.   I also included pix I took myself over the years.
       If you really want your communication to be affective,  sometimes you just have to go that extra step.   Just the research itself can be very satisfying.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Matt Bumgarner

Thanks Bob,

Yes, I am well aware of the rewards of research. Having written the book on the Lawndale, more than a half dozen others as well, I am well-versed in the field. More than most, I would surmise. And I couldn't agree with you more- If I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted a particular model, providing the drawings, etc would be the way to go.

Unfortunately, I do have other priorities, and not having this material at hand will still not prevent me from posting my wants on a discussion board.

In this particular thread, I was only responding to Dusten's comment, which asked for me by NAME, and mentioned the Lawndale engines. I merely responded with my support. If you and others regard Dusten's comments and support for them as "pestering" then so be it. Dusten has his reputation for being persistent, and I think, quite humorous and self-deprecating. I appreciate his enthusiasm and will continue to support it.

Even without drawings, photos, and specifications.

Matt

Tarheelrrds

Hey Guys
Give Dusten a brake if some of you did not know he is a teenager.Be thankful we have  teens with his excitement about model trains . I remember as a teenager I had to pester my parents to get money and a ride to the hobby shop (pre Internet days).As for a locomotive  I would like to see would be a vulcan,porter or Baldwin small boilered& small drivered 2-8-0 or 2-6-0. with various stacks such as a cabbage stack etc.You could use it to model The Argent/Lawndale/SS&S some of the small loggers in GA and sugar plantations in LA . As for research and drawings the original locomotives still exist, 5 or 6 argent locomotives a Surry Sussex  & Southampton locomotive, Godchaux  sugar No3 in LA . I have acess to drawings of some of these locomotives and their locations so to whom do I send it at Bachmann.Yes I know there HO models that can be converted but not all of us have that skill .

Alan
Toleration maybe its a Southern thang