News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mogul 2-6-0 wheel centres

Started by LBS, April 29, 2009, 07:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBS

Hi there from the UK,can anybody help me with the following information please,wheel centres for the Bachmann 2-6-0 Mogul loco,taken from the locos first driving wheel to the rear last wheel on the tender,when loco and tender is connected together,as I want to convert this loco to a 0-6-0 switcher as I want  this loco to go on my 10.250" diameter turntable,thanking Mike,

railtwister

Mike,

Just eyeballing the distance with a ruler held as close as possible, from front driver axle to rear driver axle looks to be about 2-3/8". The middle driver is not exactly centered (which until now, I thought it was), it looks to be about 1-1/8" from the rear axle, or 1-1/4" from the front axle. Hope this is close enough to be helpful. If you intend to keep the tender in your 0-6-0 conversion, there should be no problem with the wheels fitting onto a 10-1/4" turntable (even with the 2 wheel pilot truck, they'll just fit now), but you'll probably have some overhang of the pilot beam and couplers. If you are planning a tank loco, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA
Florida On30 Renegades