News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Freight Car Numbers

Started by Frisco, April 27, 2009, 10:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Okay, Bachmann here is something that I was thinking would make a good "new" realise for all ON30 modelers, how about put new numbers on the freight cars, sor that we don't have to releater them. What does everyone else think?

SideTracked

Great idea, works for me. Wouldn't hurt the pax cars, either.
Are we having fun yet?

Chatzi473

or even more lettering verity. with the different numbers for any railroad. Not all DRGW cars had the flying RIO GRANDE their entire life as the lettering on them and i see no cars yet to go with the ET&WNC 4-6-0s. So just small stuff like that.

Frisco

Quote from: Chatzi473 on April 28, 2009, 01:07:29 PM
or even more lettering verity. with the different numbers for any railroad. Not all DRGW cars had the flying RIO GRANDE their entire life as the lettering on them and i see no cars yet to go with the ET&WNC 4-6-0s. So just small stuff like that.
That would be great to see some Rio Grande cars with the Royal Gourge/Moffat Tunnel herald on them. That also got me thinking, how about some C&S cars with the old herald, I mean whether you like Colorado Roads or not that is just a good looking logo. I'm not that woried about the passenger cars as I plan on letering painted unltettered cars for my roster.

railtwister

Actually, Bachmann has sort of done that already, since many of the cars in the sets (if not all) have different roadnumbers than the cars packaged for separate purchase, and some of the recent car releases (hoppers & pulpwood) have no numbers, so the modeler can add his own. But you are right, additional roadnumbers for separately purchased cars would be welcomed.

Regards,
Bill