News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A new Shay?

Started by Lemurien, April 30, 2009, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.S.R.R. Manager

Some of the French translate as:

>>> It just arrived, my latest acquisition, Tsunami in board, and it runs like a queen.  Regarding the scale, I would say almost certainly the On30 is the scale practice.  Good to go, the paries have committed, knowing that at Shay Favorite sound version costs around $ 220, here, is not a classic, and it had not in the Favorite, I put 1 and 2 I note, taking into account the wind and gravity, the bike well I guess around $ 350, (here is damn expensive anyway and I hope am wrong.  And you guys, in your opinion, how

It's funny, but I remain convinced that this is not a new model Bachmann, but a learned assembly, with parts Wiseman or PSC, for example ... We'll see the return of our bourreau. <<<

Sounds like it's not a new Bachmann release, but something that was acquired from another source.  Besides, I think the geared loco crew would rather have a Heisler than a larger Shay as the next geared release. Eh?

Manager

ksivils

Looks like a Wiseman/OMI shay - I think Mich/Cal No. 5.

Sweet locomotives when Keith is done with them.

Linzthom

I just had my wife translate the tread for me and she says the French  aren't convinced it is a new Bachman model. I hope that is correct. It would put the HEISLER !!!! back a few years.

I'm going to live forever; or die trying

SideTracked

With those couplers, it's not market ready for the existing On30 market. Judging by its truck's proportions, does it really look like a narrow gauge?
Are we having fun yet?

ossygobbin

the existing on30 shay is a 2 cylinder. that loco is a 3 cylinder. it could be the G scale version. the wiseman conversions would be 2 cylinder as well.

ksivils

I still think it is a Wiseman/OMI Shay.

Keith had a bunch of these in On3 and would convert them on request by the purchaser to On30.

These locomotives were different from the On30 ones he produced. In fact, the On30 shays that Keith produced were brass shells that were replacements for the stock Bachmann body - Keith utilized the Bachmann chasis as the drive system for his On30 shays.

I really think this is one of his Mich/Cal Shays - No. 5 I think.

C.S.R.R. Manager

In any case, if it just arrived, then it's not the next release from Bachmann.  As far as I know, nothing beyond the 4-6-0 has been announced.

manager

the Bach-man

Dear All,
It's not ours. Might indeed be Keith's.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Linzthom

Thanks Mr Bachman. That was very to the point. Perhaps you can tell us if we are getting a Heisler this year ? :-\ :-\ :-\
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

finderskeepers

Umm, did any of you notice the title of the thread was "Brass", I think that might be a clue. That being said, I've been asking for a 30 ton 3 cyl shay for a while now, and that would be a really nice size to go with my climax!

C.S.R.R. Manager

The Bach-Man never leaks info until the official announcement.

Didn't think to translate the thread title!

Manager

renniks

This is a regauged On3 loco bought on Ebay.  Reading the various posts, there is speculation about it being an Overland item.

Eric UK

Tomcat

This looks to me as KEITH WISEMAN`S work - they´re great models..
Always asked myself if this is an old Overland construction which is now beeing build by my pal Keith? He does great jobs on building such little gems...

Cheers. Tom ;) ;)

wisemodserv

Hello All,

This model pictured is definitely Our Mich-Cal #5 Wood burner Version. We purchased the run of models from the Korean builder after Oriental Limited bailed on the project. We got 25 assembled which We had to tweak seriously before selling. We then bought the remaining 50 from the Korean builder as a huge pile of parts. We have assemble 40 some so far and still have enough parts to build 8 or 10 more sometime in the future. It was offered as a Wood Burner or a more modern oil burning version. Only Oil burners left yet to build.  We offered them either On3 or On30. Also in the early 1990's Overland Imported the model as an Oil Burner and offered a backdate kit to make it a wood burner. 

For those that mentioned the conversion kits We offered for the Shays they are in development again here to be released sometime in the Fall and will be resin and white metal conversion kits. Also have a Vertical Boiler conversion in the works as well.

Keith Wiseman
Wiseman Model Services
www.wisemanmodelservices.com