News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann dcc 4-8-4 sante fa

Started by train with no shame, May 01, 2009, 07:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

Hi Mark,
Sorry I keep forgetting your name, hard to keep track of all the members.

Sounds like you are on top of the situation, please keep us informed of your progress. Your solutions will be useful for other members with similar problems. On this forum, as you learn be prepared to also teach others.

Heck, we have all types of personalities here.  "Trouble" is my middle name, if they can put up with me, they can tolerate anybody.   :D

Good luck
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

train with no shame

thanks yampa bob !!!!! :) i will let everyone know . they said i should know something tuesday i dropped the loco off today . the decoder is hard wired in . so might cost a little more . they also said they would check the board and engine as well ...have a good night all  .

lirrman

I guess I'm an old fogey and shouldn't criticize but I do not like the new casual style of writing and would have gotten a large "F" in school if I would have written a letter, report, essay or any other form of communication with absolutely no capitol letters.  I've been scanning  your posts and they are extremely difficult to read and follow.  I'm in a position of hiring new people and if a resume came across my desk written like that it would end up in the circular file. 

train with no shame

Please excuse me Lirrman . If you would like i will relocate you to a convelesent home here in houston . And hire you as my Tutor . And pay your AARP installments ... People like you make it hard for the newbies . I'll go some where else peace to everyone else . And for eveyone ,I fried to decoder and will pick it up tuesday . i was running the plymoth diesel on the athearn controller in d/c and smoked the decoder  in the 4-8-4 . I had it setting in the wrong part of the layout . After fearth review  Mark F  And for your information Mr Lirrman i had a 3.0 grade average in collage  .again peace to all ......

train with no shame

Also Mr Lirrmann ,I have had custody of my son and daughter .sence he was 2 and she was 7 .He is currently 19 .And attending Lone Star Collage ,And finishing his 2 year AS and will go for his Masters at the University of Houston  .My daughter currently Manages 2 Woodforest banks here in the Conroe area . I finally got to get into something i enjoy so much .After being a single father for so long . Operating one of the largest Power Plants in Texas . Relying on my folks to help me hen i was out of the country on business . Senior Start Up Tech . And finally I get a little time to myself . Why don't you take on some of those people . That might be a little renderd , as they might be your most productive .....it will take me awhile to come back to this forum . As you could see i did try to be more descriptive . Thanks for taking it out on me . Because I do carry a Big Load . I'll come back stronger than ever . It was nice of the Tech to come by the House ,and go over my layout with me . Stop being so grandious .....I bid everyone peace .Thanks Yampa Bob for your help ..regards:  Mark f

rustyrails

Personally, Mark, I'll miss you being around.  Hope you'll change your mind.  Sometimes folks think they're being helpful and forget what is and isn't their business. 
Rusty

richG

Hi Mark

Sorry to see you go. Good luck. I have been to Texas three times and the Alamo twice. Great state.
You ever have another question, click on my user name and send me an email. Will try to help.
I understand your line of work. I am a retired paper factory mechanic.

Rich

Chris350

Quote from: lirrman on May 03, 2009, 04:00:27 PM
I guess I'm an old fogey and shouldn't criticize but I do not like the new casual style of writing and would have gotten a large "F" in school if I would have written a letter, report, essay or any other form of communication with absolutely no capitol letters.  I've been scanning  your posts and they are extremely difficult to read and follow.  I'm in a position of hiring new people and if a resume came across my desk written like that it would end up in the circular file. 

The grammar and composition police never seem to get a pleasant reception on any message board I read.  Your opening statement was right on, you really ought not criticize.

Yampa Bob

You've heard it many times: "Never judge a book by its cover". It's what's inside a man that makes a man, not by his articulation or skill at the keyboard.

This board isn't about spelling, capitalization, punctuation or grammar, it's about Model Railroading.

Mark, in your short time as a member, you have made many friends. Feel free to visit and post as often as you like, you will always be wecome.

I'm sending you an e-mail so you will have my address, write me anytime you wish.

Yampa Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

train with no shame

code of conduct . please excuse me . and mr lirrmann if you read this my utmost respect . i probley won't meet you in this life time . but in the next  i'll buy you a coffee or beer your preference . again please excuse me ...we gain patience threw our authenticity .  regards   mark f