News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Broken Galloping Goose

Started by Frisco, May 01, 2009, 11:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Hi, everyone, my first Bachmann ON30 Galloping Goose(in RGS #1) arived today. It's a really great looking model, however running it was a whole different story. I put it on the track and gave it some power, it lurched really badly and made a fair amount of noise. I figured that it just needed to be broken in so a put it at a little over 1/2 power and just let it run. After about 10 minutes it started slowing down(almost to a standstill) every so often. I looked, cleaned my track but could not find any reason for it to be doing so. So I put it back on the track hopping that it would run better. Well it started out but going really slow, and still lurching badly, and after about 2 feet of running it just stopped. I could hear the motor running and with a little help it would run a few inches but it won't move at all on its own. I would asume that it has a split gear. I really don't want to make it any worse so I'm going to send it back to Bachmann. Any-way my question is do I have to fill out the Warenty card or can I just send it back with the reciet? Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Frisco,
I'd fill out the card as well.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Frisco

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

Pardon my ignorance,  but since when did Bachmann start offering a galloping goose?   Do you refer to the railbus and trailer?

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

the Bach-man

Hi, Bob-
I think he means the RGS rail truck, the precursor to the Geese.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Frisco

It's the first Goose, not the kind you usally think of. You can find out more about the prototype as well as see pictures of the reproduction here.
http://www.ridgwayrailroadmuseum.org/motor1.html

finderskeepers

Be prepared for a long wait if you send it in for repairs, mine was returned after 3 phone calls and 7 weeks of waiting, and this was for a brand new out of the box engine that died after 2 minutes of running.

Brian