News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

8 pin decoders

Started by Daylight4449, May 11, 2009, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

Anyone know the chepest place to get them, I need like 5 and a digitraxx zephyr.

richG

Look at Litchfield Station. Free shipping over $75.00 and put the link in your Favorites Folder this time. The URL has been posted here more than once.
There are other on line DCC shops so compare prices and shipping from other suppliers.

http://www.litchfieldstation.com/DCC-University/index.htm

Bruce of Litchfield is very helpful. I buy all my DCC material from Bruce.

Ok, all you others reading this message, put the link in your Favorites folder to at least help others.

Rich

Nathan

You may want to look at Tony's:

http://tonysdcc.com/

Also look at the NCE Power Cab, both Digitrax and NCE have good systems.  Tony's has a good comparison of most units they sell.

Chris350

I've used both, and have had good experiences with each vender.  I've found the folks at Litchfield communicate better Tony's.  It's a little thing but sometimes that's what counts.

Yampa Bob

I recently did a search for "Cheap DCC Decoders". I didn't find a single source that had deep discounts on decoders.

For example, a Digitrax DH123 will cost you about $18, that's it. Several sites indicated "4 in stock", that's ridiculous.  Caboose Hobbies, Litchfield and Tonys stock them by the hundreds.

Find a dealer you can trust and pay the price. If you receive a defective decoder, or have questions, these reputable dealers (three listed) are eager to please.

All browsers have a "favorites" folder, you should learn how to use it to store links to these sources.  You should also store informative threads and tudorials presented on this board, so you can recall them to help others. Why "reinvent the wheel" when the information and answers are already available?

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

$18 is cheap!  Digitrax DN143IP decoders for my Blueline locos cost me $26 (Tony's Trains)-$28.

jerryl

Digitrax has some that you can plug a "Sound Bug" into at a later date if you want to add sound without without changing out the decoder.