News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sending an Engine in for replacement

Started by Jake, March 29, 2007, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I need to know can i send in my spectrum connie in the box for my C&O J-2 (well obviously I can send it in in any box) I need to know if i could have the box and foam returned with the replacement. Many thanks! ;D -Jake
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Stephen Warrington

hi Jake,

In most of my cases, They have just replaced the locomotive with a new one in a sealed box. I once asked them to return my box I sent a return in and service didn't obey my wishes even with it in writing.

Stephen

kevin2083

what about if i have a custom painted shell- will they still replace the whole thing?
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Stephen Warrington

Hi Kevin,

I don't know about that one, I think if you ask nicely they might return your old non repairable one with a new one so you can swap shells yourself. I know a few years ago they did that for 2 of my clubs 2-8-0's I don'tknow if it was a special request or not.

Stephen

SteamGene

I've had several things returned by Bachmann - the tender shell for a Spectrum
Consolidation and the boiler for a C&O J-2 (how's it working for you, Roger?)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jr switch

I have sent in two Spectrum 2-10-0 Decapods and an 0-6-0 switcher. They have had the first Decapod and the switcher for over a month now. I was told it would be at least six weeks or more before they could get to them. Having never sent any engines back for repair or replacement, I'm just wondering if this is the normal amount of time it takes to get them back. Not complaining, just asking.--------------- John R

Stephen Warrington

Hi JR,

It really depends on what kind of work load they have, some of mine have came back in a few weeks others took 2 months.

Stephen

rogertra

Gene.

Not done a thing yet, no time, too busy.

BTW, need your snail main address to send that boiler front back to you. 

e-mail me off list?

lanny

JR,

I agree with Stephen. My experience with Bachmann has been usually 6 - 8 weeks, maybe longer, as Stephen said, depending on their work load. Things will begin to ease off a bit as it gets into the spring and people get outside.

I have always received excellent service from Bachmann, and, if I thought it was taking too long, a phone call on 'my dime' to Bridget, gave me more specific information.

Plan on two things ... (1) several weeks, and (2) getting your items back either replaced or fixed right. You won't be dissapointed even if you have to wait awhile.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler