News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

George Washington on ebay.

Started by Anthony08, May 04, 2009, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

I am going to guess that you are new to eBay.  It is not unusual for an item to sit for days with no bid or minimum bid, only to be bid up during the last few minutes of the auction.  I have no idea if $150 is a reasonable price for this set, but keep in mind that unless the seller is a bona fide Bachmann dealer, it comes with no warranty, new or not.

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Anthony08

Actually, I'm not new to ebay. I've been using ebay for quite some time now. I just thought I'd give people a heads up, because that is a pretty decent deal on the set. It was a limited run, less than 1000 units produced, and the original price was pretty high. I saw a set in my local hobby shop last summer for a little under $300.

grumpy

In my opinion it is not new in box . The foam support material is not cut the way it would be if in a factory box . Where are the curved track pieces.. There is no complete description.  That is the way I see it
Don

Anthony08

When I saw the set in the retail store, this is exactly how it looked, foam and all.  Im quite sure it doesn't come with curved track. It comes with enough track so you can display it. It's clearly been opened, but regardless... a nice locomotive, 8 passenger cars, and some straight track for $150 is not bad.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: grumpy on May 05, 2009, 12:56:13 AM
In my opinion it is not new in box . The foam support material is not cut the way it would be if in a factory box . Where are the curved track pieces.. There is no complete description.  That is the way I see it
Don

That is the factory box, the George Washington was sold with just enough straight track to hold the entire train, that is for display purposes, there is no power pack or terminal tracks included in the set.
Pacific Northern