News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 mallet

Started by Udo, May 05, 2009, 11:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Udo

Hello Bachmann,

some weeks ago, I bought a 2-6-6-2 in Shanghai.

There was some problem with loose bolts at the motor of the rear truck. I have posted this at that time and you have "alarmed" the factory already.

Meanwhile I disassemble the drive (motor and gear box) again, cleaned it and assembled it with fresh grease (LGB Grease, because the Bachmann shops in Shanghai are very poor with the suplly of things like this).

The gear box itself is running smooth now, but after complete assembly, I found out that the drive make some squeezing noise when going faster, it is loud if you go forward, and more silent backwards.

So I disassemble the boiler gain, to have a close look while running.

I found out, that the motor shaft is going a littel bit up and down when running slow (axila direction).

I suppose, ther is some distortion in the shaft, so the worm gear is not going smooth in the gear.

I will disassemble that drive again to check the radial run out of the motor itself.

If that will not work, do I have the chance to get some spares from Bachmann Shanghai, e.g. motor with gear box ?

Because I have already installed decoder and so on, I don't want to give the loco back for exchange.

May be it's also possible to buy a complete rear truck there, so I can use the old one for spares / scratch building.

Thanks for your support in advance,

Udo ???

Udo

Hello Bachmann,

some more information about that problem:

The worm gear on the motor is OK. It's running separately smooth, no distortion.

I suppose, ther is a problem with the small beraings on the first stage of the gear box.

Can I get spares at Bachmann China ???

Udo

the Bach-man

Dear Udo,
I would imagine so, but I have no contact with them.
Let us know how you do.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Udo

Hi Bachmann !

That means, you leave me alone with that problem, despite BACHMANN China is the producer of the 2-6-6-2 and you don't have an idea how to deal with them ???

My problem is, that the web page of them is in chinese only, so it is difficult for me to find out a contact or something else.

To go in their shops is useless, becuase there you can only buy what they just have in stock. Yo cannot order anything.

Udo

mudzuks

Dear Udo, Check around the web for web page translators they are not perfect but the help for the basics
try http://babelfish.yahoo.com/