News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

8 Pin connector for DCC

Started by hotrainlover, June 13, 2009, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

Does anyone have a source for a DCC decoder plug in pin, with the wires still attached?
The reason I ask, I cut the plug in off too close to reuse the connector...  (Now that I need it for the project!)  Of course I would not have had this problem, IF I had opened the tender, (FIRST) and seen that the loco was decoder ready!!   :-[

jerryl

I think you can order them from Digitrax

rustyrails

You can buy them from Digitrax.  I think this is what you want.

http://digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dhwhp.php

Hope this helps.
Rusty

Tylerf

Most hobby shops that sell dcc, specifically digitrax should also sell the plugs alone. It would save the wait of ordering them.

Jim Banner

Most 8-pin connectors allow you to solder on a new set of wires (or the same old set if you have shortened them.)  Is this one different?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

hotrainlover

I have just ruined the original.  I will find a harness, or old plug to use...
Thanks for the help!

Robertj668

HOtrainlover-Great question.  I did the same thing too!

Rustyrails-thanks I too was looking for this!

Robert

Yampa Bob

When I buy a DH123 decoder, I always specify the 3" harness. (DH123P) I have a bunch of extra harnesses since my installs have been on boards with JST sockets.

On a couple of installs, I have cut off the 8 pin plug, and hardwired the JST socket and harness.

Litchfield has prewired 8 pin female sockets, also handy to add a socket. The only male 8 pin plugs I've found need wires soldered to them.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Robertj668

Yampa Bob
I cannot find the site for litchfield. Do you have it?
Also I tried to send a personal message to you and it wont let me.  I had a few questions for ya.
Robert

Yampa Bob

Here's the site. Mouseover the sidebar menu "Connectors & Harns", then select 8 pin. It's listed as NEM 652, same as NMRA.

http://www.litchfieldstation.com/xcart/home.php

The forum PM feature doesn't work. I'll send you my email address, feel free to write with any questions.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hotrainlover

I found one.  Thanks for the info....!! ;D