News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

galveston railroad museum

Started by train with no shame, May 09, 2009, 08:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

train with no shame

What a shame .Made the attempt , to go to the museum Today . Hoping it survived ,the Hurricane . Got practically destroyed by hurricane Ike . The history that place had .And the Ho model railroad , was nothing like i had seen before , Some years back . It is closed now ,and don't know when it will ever re open . If you get a chance look at there site . Galveston railroad museum . What a shame "WE IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS HATE YOU IKE"    Regards   mark f

train with no shame

Galveston is making a come back , slowly . Not the Galveston ,we knew a year ago . The Museum when i went there . Out in the yard they had alot of Cars and Engines of all types . When i had went before they were just cool and interesting looking equipment to me . But just from the short time I have been on this site . I could recognise and know what  some of that equipment was and is . And surprisingly had one of the SP 70ton switcher , a run of the Pullman Passenger Cars . Don't know a whole lot .But knew something , and that's a starting point . That makes me strive and want to learn more . About our History's past . We shouldn't take Mother Nature for granted . But always remember the little miracles that Ah strike us . Because they may not be here someday .........peace to all   mark f